The Letter

G̵E̴ ̶O̵U̴ ̷T̶I̴S̵S̵U̴S̶ ̵A̵N̶ ̴L̷A̷N̴K̶E̵T̵S̵ ̸D̷ ̶H̵R̵S̵ ̷T̴O̵ ̷P̵U̴T̴ ̴O̴U̶ ̶E̷A̵T̷S̵ ̶I̴N̵T̴O̷ ̵B̷E̴C̵A̶U̷S̶E̶ ̴Y̵U̵ ̵W̴O̸N̸'̶T̶ ̵E̵ ̵N̶E̵E̵D̵N̷G̴ ̸T̸H̷O̶S̶E̴ ̶A̶Y̴M̴ ̶N̵C̵E̴ ̷I̵M̴ ̵H̶R̵O̵U̵G̷ ̴I̶T̴H̷ ̷Y̷O̵U̷!̷
̶M̴W̵U̶A̴H̶A̶H̵A̶H̵A̴H̵A̷H̴H̸A̸
(Also, thank you very much to MetaphoricallyQueer for helping me with this chapter during a 1am brainstorming session. Also also, this is an alternate Endgame. No past-Thanos, no fake Nebula, and Peter survived Infinity War because fuck you)

"If you told me just ten measly years ago that I would be making this message, I probably would have gone so far as to threaten to kill you. Stubbornness, I know, but one shouldn't be that surprised. I grew up with Thor after all."

Vormir, 2014

Thor and Loki exited the ship onto a windy barren landscape. Just ahead of them was a mountain, with the stone supposedly on top.

"Be on the lookout," Loki advised, summoning a dagger in her hand. "This will likely not be as easy as it appears." A green translucent disk appeared on the dirt with enough room for the both of them. It carried the pair up the mountain. Green and blue eyes alike scanned the scenery for danger.

The disk faded as they reached the top, the mountain clear of danger as far as they could see. Once the two set foot, however, they tensed.

"Thor, son of Odin. Loki, child of Laufey."

"Who goes there?" Thor asked, gripping his weapon slightly tighter. Loki's the same. Their attention shifted to the dark figure ahead of them.

"It is my job to guide others to a treasure I cannot possess," he explained. "I can show you the way to soul stone."

"Then show it to us. It is a matter of great importance," Thor demanded.

"I, nor the stone, cares for what it is needed," the figure replied coldly. "Come," he beckoned.

The siblings gave each other a glance before following the 'guide' cautiously. He guided them past two stone columns to a large opening to the rest of the mountain side.

"What lies ahead is what you desire most, as does what you fear." There was a huge drop, most certainly fatal to anyone who was unlucky enough to slip.

"An exchange of the highest price. A soul for a soul." It was plain to anyone, even someone as optimistic and oblivious as Thor. One of them had to die here.

The siblings were momentarily stunned into silence. Thor has an expression of shock, Loki had one of disappointment and frustration. "I should have known," she mumbled, almost intelligible.

That seemed to have snapped Thor out of his shock. "Alright," he said, handing Stormbreaker over into Loki's unwilling arms. "You tell the others that-"

"No," Loki stated, shoving the axe back onto Thor's chest. "Whatever you're asking, you're going to go and tell them yourself."

Thor's laughter was a mixture of sadness and amusement, as if he was humoring a small child. "No no no, you...you don't understand! I can make everything right again!"