Prologue

Prologue:
June, 1989
°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°

Felicity listened as the teacher droned on and on, she heard the man, but she didn't really hear him. Her mind was far off, thinking off all the disappearances of kids in the town. It kind of scared her. Especially how they each disappeared without a trace or a clue on where they went. She didn't want to go missing. Even if no one would notice she was gone.

Felicity sighed, resting her cheek on her hand. She stared out the window at the trees. She studied how the leaves moved gently, some falling off, due to the gentle summer breeze.

The more she watched, the more she wished she was out there. Basking in the sunlight and drawing to her heart's content.

She would sit at the beach she found, listening to the waves crashing against the shore.

She would draw the lighthouse and show the waves flowing against it. There would be a steamboat in the background and storm clouds in the sky. 

She sighed, shaking herself out of her thoughts as she tried once again to focus on the teacher.

The constant ticking of the clock lured her into a sort of daydream. Her mind drifted, but she wouldn't be able to remember anything that ran through it.

Felicity wondered how she would spend the summer. She couldn't draw the entire time.. Maybe she'd befriend someone.. Possibly that Beverly Marsh girl. Felicity didn't have any now, due to the... incident. That didn't bother her too much. Although she still gets lonely, and knows it'd be good to have someone to talk to.

Her hand fell from her cheek and hit the desk with a slap, causing a couple of students to glance at her for a few short seconds, before returning to their original tasks.

Felicity's eyes turned back to the front of the classroom once again. The teachers voice continued to drone on.

She looked towards the clock and felt herself smile, only five more minutes until she was free from this place.

"And with that, I'll let you get together with your partners to do a bit of planning."

Felicity snapped herself out of her thoughts as a curly haired boy stepped in front of her.

"We're partners." He said shortly, "I'm Stan."

"Shouldn't I already know that?" She rose a brow as she stood.

"Well, yeah. But you weren't listening. were you?" Stan snapped back, the corner of his lip raising slightly.

"Fair enough." Felicity shrugged, a short laugh escaping her lips. She  threw her bag over her shoulder, then began to speak again. "When do you wanna start.. this project?"

"So, since you weren't listening, I'll tell you what it is."

"Thanks, Stan."

"Someone has to draw the other, you can do that. You've got good drawings."

"Thank you." She grinned, red flashing across her cheeks. People didn't usually comment on her sketches. So, when someone did, it made her happy.

"And the second person has to take pictures of the other, doing random things. He gave us a list of requirements for the photos, too."

"Like what?"

"Well.." Stan glanced down at the list, "He wants a picture of you doing summery things.. so like, swimming, I guess. Um, one of you sketching me.. and one of you jumping. There's more, but we'll get to that."

"Sounds good, when do you wanna do this? 'Cause, you know.. you didn't answer before."

"I wanna get it done soon, so maybe we can start today, but my friends have something they wanna do right after school." Stan explained, glancing at the clock briefly.

"Cool. I'll tag along, then." She shrugged, pulling on the straps of hee backpack with her thumbs.

He opened his mouth to respond when the bell cut him off. She grinned and extended her hand. "Name's Felicity, by the way."

Excitedly, students began running out of the classroom.

"I knew that, because I was listening to Mr. Davids."

"It's the last day of school, I don't have time for the teacher's shit anymore."

Stan rolled his eyes, but his lips curled up into a smile, a barely noticeable smile, but it was there. The pair began making their way to the doorway.

"Is that so?"

"Mmhm. Come on, we have your friends to catch." She reached her hand out, "don't wanna get lost, now do we?"

Stan glanced down at her hand, and up at her eyes. He sighed and slipped his into hers before he pulled her along to his friends, who were having a very interesting conversation about Stan.

Felicity pulled her hand away

"Hey, St-Stan, what happens at the b-b-bar mitzvah? Richie says they s-slice the tip of your d-d-dick off." A taller boy asked. His name is Will or something like that.

"Yeah! And the rabbi's gonna pull down your pants and say 'Where's the meat?'" He laughed, smacking his hand against his friends chest.

"Well, I read from the Torah, then I make a speech and suddenly I'm a man." Stan explains, pushing Felicity forward gently so she didn't get left behind in the crowd.

"I can think of funner ways to do that." Richie snapped back, pushing his glasses up, and then winking.

"Funner isn't a word, dude." Felicity commented, readjusting her backpack straps.

"Sorry, who the hell are you?" He took a second to look her over when he glanced back at her.

"Name's Felicity, darlin'. Don't wear it out." She winked, following the group towards the buckets to dump their stuff out.

"Damn, hotstuff, I'd love to have you wear my name out." He commented, looking her up and down again, actually seeing her this time.

"B-beep, beep, Richie." The tall one commented.

"Great, okay. Now why exactly are you here?" A smaller boy asked.

"Me and Stan got put on a project together."

"Yeah, and she insisted on tagging along with us today, so.."

"Well, hope you like walking around in shitty water, because that's what we're doin'."

○○○○○○○

{ Word Count: 1031 }

{ A/n: It's finally out! Only took me three days of getting distracted by minecraft but it's here! }

{ Edited [ ✖ ] }

{ Dedicated to: -saoirses }