Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

"Felicity! Felicity! Licity! Get up." Stan's voice rang out through her room. "Seriously. Jesus, you sleep like the dead."

Felicity groaned, swatting away his hand. "No. Five more minutes."

"Damnit, Licity." Stan grunted, pulling the covers off of her body. "Can we go now."

"No.." Felicity shoved her face deeper into her pillow. Stan huffed, running his hand through his curly hair.

"Damnit." He slipped his hands around her arm and pulled her up. "Up, up, up!"

"No-" Felicity whined, leaning her head on Stan's shoulder. "No.."

"It got Beverly." Stan said, causing all form of tiredness to leave her body. Her eyes widened as she lifted her head from his shoulder.

"What?"

"It got her, Fel." Stan replied, "And we have to get her back."

"Hell yeah we do. Let's go." Felicity said. "Hand me my shoes, Stanny."

Stan nodded, quickly rushing over and picking up her shoes as Felicity quickly put on a jacket. "Here."

Felicity took the shoes from his hand and slipped on her left shoe before running down the stairs. She hopped on her left foot down the stairs as pulled on her right shoe. The air left her lungs as she felt herself trip.

Stan grabbed her arm without a second through, pulling her back up and onto the stair before she fell. "You're so clumsy."

"Not the time for flirting, Stanny. We gotta go save Beverly." Felicity pulled her wrist from his hand and continued her way down the stairs. "Bye, grandma! We're gonna go.. uh.. Draw!"

"Okay, honeybun! Just be safe." Her grandma called from the kitchen, "And no funny business, Stanley."

"Ye-Yes, ma'am!" Stan stuttered out, holding open the door for them to leave.

Once the front door shut behind them and the bright sun glared into her eyes, reality began to set in. Beverly was missing.

Adrenaline began pumping throughout her veins as she picked up her bike from the bushes.

She threw her leg over and looked up at her boyfriend. "We gotta go. Now. Now. Stan, move."

Stan blinked, momentarily staring at her before he followed her actions and mounted the bike.

~~

Felicity stared up at the old house, nerves flooding her body. Felicity scratched her arm as she let her bike fall into the grass below her feet.

"Fuck."

"You can say that again." Richie agreed, shaking his head.

"Fuck." Felicity repeated, looking over at him. "Fuck."

Bill stepped past Felicity and walked up the rickety stairs of the Niebolt house. He glanced back at Felicity and the others standing there.

At his gaze, Felicity stepped forward and walked up the stairs. "Let's do this, shall we?"

Mike, Richie, Ben, and Eddie nodded in agreement as they walked up the stairs.

Bill swallowed thickly as he shakily reached his hand up to the door handle. The boy was visibly shaking as he turned the knob and pushed open the door.

The sound of the creaking hinges caused Felicity to squeeze her eyes shut as she cringed.

She passed through the doorway, looking at the cobwebs and paint peeling off the wall.

All at once, flashbacks from the last time she stood in this position flashed through her mind. The pain she felt, the fear, the hurt.

It felt so real.. Felicity could almost feel the blood dripping from her now healed wounds.

Anxiety gripped her heart as she clasped the fabric of her shirt in her hands. Her blue eyes were shut tightly as she tried to even her breathing out, not wanting the boys around her to notice and think she was weak.

"Fe-F-Fel? You okay?" Bill's voice brought her from her thoughts. "Y-Yo-You look a little.. p-p-p-p-pale."

Felicity broke out of her thoughts, she opened her eyes and turned her head to the taller boy. "Hu-Huh? Oh, yeah. Yeah, yes, I'm okay. I'm okay. Thanks, Bill."

Felicity nodded repeatedly, almost as if she were trying to reassure herself.

Bill still looked skeptical as he scanned her face for any sign that she was lying. She turned her head to see Stan.

When Felicity saw the state he was in she quickly pulled her attention from Bill and push it onto Stan.

"I'm.. I'm really, really scared, Licity." Stan admitted, avoiding her eyes as he looked down at his feet. His shoulders rose and fell rapidly as he tried to conceal his panicked breathing.

Felicity pulled his face up by his chin, "I'm scared, too."

Stan's eyes welled up with tears, "N-No.. no! I-I can't.. I can-can't do it! I'm not- I'm not.. I can't."

"Stan? Stanny, Stan-" Felicity placed her hands onto his shoulders. "Stan, we have to go. Please? We'll be okay. You'll be okay, we can fight It and beat It and then no one else will have to go through any pain."

Bill nodded in agreement as he stepped beside Felicity. "Y-y-y-yeah. We all have to g-go down, Stan. I-If we go t-t-together, then It wo-wom't stand a c-c-c-ch-chance."

"If we stay together, we'll be okay." Felicity nodded. "Promise."

"B-B-But.. if we s-sp-s-split u-up.. It'll kill us o-o-one by one." Bill countered, looking over at Felicity, who still had her hands clasped onto his shoulders. "S-So we have to s-s-st-stay together to w-wi-win."

Stan stayed silent, staring straight ahead blankly. He gave one silent nod, indicating he still didn't believe them.

"Bill's right." Felicity ran her finger gently against his collarbone, "If we stay together, we'll win. We'll beat It, and we'll save Beverly. We'll beat It, Stan. I promise."

"B-But.. But I'm not brave enough." Stan murmered, finally bringing his eyes up and staring tearfully into Felicity's eyes.

She placed both her hands onto his cheeks and leaned forward. She planted a long kiss on his lips before speaking, "You are the bravest boy I've ever met."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

{ Word Count: 1029 }

{ A/n: someone requested something from my plot shop and it made me 🥺🥺🥺 }

{ Edited: No }