Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen:
"Please Be Careful."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Bill! Bill, stop. This is crazy!" Beverly's voice rang out through the neighborhood. "You can't go in there!"

Bill ignored her, letting his hand slip from the doorknob. Turning around, his eyes trailed to each and every person before he began to speak. "Look.. you don't have to go in there with me. But.. what happens when another Georgie goes missing, or another Betty, or another Ed Corcoran? Or one of us?"

Felicity looked over at Stan briefly. Seeing the worry on his face, she took his hand into hers. She gave him a squeeze for reassurance, as if telling him don't worry. You won't go missing.

"Are you just gonna pretend it's not happening like the rest of this town? 'Cause I can't. I go home, and all I see is that.. Georgie isn't there. His toys, his clothes... his stupid stuffed animals. But.. he isn't. So walking into this house.. right now it's easier than walking into my own." Bill's voice didn't waver once during his speech.

"Wow." Richie spoke in amazement.

"What? So good that you're speechless?" Felicity teased, scrunching her nose. "That's a new one

"No. He didn't stutter once."

"Jesus, Richie." Felicity sighed. "You-you need Him."

Richie scoffed before licking his lips and leaning closer to her, "All I need is you, baby."

"How sweet." She rolled her eyes, "Too bad I don't need you."

Regret hit Felicity after she said that, scolding herself. She reminded herself that she had no right to say those things to him.

Clearing her throat, she slipped her hand out of Stan's, "Right, let's fight this son of a bitch, right?"

"Wait!" Stan grabbed her wrist, pulling her back beside him. "Uh, sh-shouldn't we have someone, well, you know, keep watch?"

"Why?" Felicity asked, gently rubbing her thumb against the back of his hand. "You scared?"

"No! I-I mean, you know, just in case something.. bad happens." He explained, patting his thigh nervously.

Bill frowned, letting out a sigh as he let his head fall. "W-Who wants to s-s-st-stay out h-here?"

Five hands shot up. Richie looked around the yard, realizing he would have to go in too. "Well, fuck!"

"I'll go in." Felicity said bravely. "If we can save a bunch of kids, sure. I mean.. how hard can it be?" 

Stan tightened his grip on her wrist, pulling her closer. "Licity?"

"Hm?" She hummed, turning to him as Richie and Eddie walked up the stairs.

He gently raised his hand to cup her cheek, "Please, be careful. I don't want you getting hurt."

Felicity giggled, leaning forward and planting a small kiss on his lips. "I'll be safe. Promise."

The kiss earned groans of disgust, and questioning, from the others. Felicity hadn't yet told anyone, and obviously Stan hadn't either. Obviously, they no longer had to.