Chapter Two

Chapter Two:
Awkward Encounters At Eddie's Place
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"So, uh, the barrens, huh?" Felicity asked, riding her bike around Stan. The boy simply rolled his eyes at the southern guy's antics. "Listen, I don't mean to, you know, judge ya'll or whatever, but, like, that place smells like shit."

"Probably because it is shit, babe." Richie commented, his pink Hawaiian shirt blowing in the summer breeze behind him. "Lots and lots and lots of shit. It's almost pure shit! I wonder if I'll find my shit. That'd be fun."

"Okay, Richie, I'm judging your fun. That is disgusting." Felicity pointed at him, "Not you, though." She pointed at the other three boys.

"Who even invited you?" Richie scoffed, "You're mean. She's mean, guys."

"Bill did." Felicity snapped back, squinting at the trash talking boy.

"I don't know why!" Richie bit back, raising his hand to push up his glasses. "You're mean!"

"Because he felt sorry for me." Felicity blurted, her face going red seconds after. She hadn't meant to say that.

Stan and Eddie shared a look, both knowing Felicity didn't mean to say the last part. They could tell by the look on her face.

Bill bit his lip, unsure on what to say to her.  "I-I didn't feel s-so-so-sorry for you. I invited you b-b-be-because you're c-co-co-cool."

Felicity shrugged it off, pretending as if she had never said anything about it in the first place.

"We have to make a pit stop at my place, first." Eddie said interrupting the conversation, briefly glancing back at her, "Pick up some things."

Felicity nodded, her long golden hair blowing in the wind. Richie continued to make comments about Felicity.

No one liked that. But it made Felicity happy. She liked that they just moved on from what she had blurted out.

They took a right onto Eddie's street, pulling up to the first house on the left.

"You, uh, you gotta stay out here. My mom'll freak if I bring a girl in." Eddie explained softly, "But, uh, someone can stay with you out here."

"I'll do it." Stan offered, "We can start on the project."

Felicity smiled at the curly haired boy,  "Thanks, Stanley the manley."

"Don't-dont call me that." Stan groaned, looking away from the girl.

"Alrighty, well, we'll only be gone for like five minutes." Richie said, "That means no fucking. Don't wanna see that shit. Unless, Felicity-"

"Nope."

"Worth a shot." He sighed out, following Bill into Eddie's house.

An awkward silence fell over Stan and Felicity as she sat herself down on the steps.

She pulled her sketch book out of her bag and began flipping through the pages. Stan moved to sit next to her, silently looking at the pictures she had drawn. Felicity could practically feel him breathing.