11. Novelty

Kao

I was so close to biting my nails off again. An old habit I had successfully over came from when I was a child and apprehensive.

I was pacing back and forth at the base of the stairs.

It had been some time now that everybody convened and I can't help but think he's convinced his mother now to let me go.

I bit on my lower lip.

I can't lose this job.

Aside from the fact that I already promised White that this will be the last job he's going to help me with, I also had used up the partial payment aunty had given me.

I groaned inwardly.

Even back when I learned about my father knowing about all the crazy stuff I did, I wasn't this nervous.

But seeing the older son reacted to me that way he did and with the way he's looking at me earlier, I couldn't help but felt like I was over and done for.

What worst ways to welcome your employer than be half naked, cursing, and jumping on his bed?

Not to mention screaming at him and throwing him stuff and basically disorganizing his bedroom just right after I was finished cleaning it and oh, I had his shirt on too.

I was even so close to fainting earlier when I realized that I had thrown him a huge pillow and was holding an alarm clock getting ready for a smash when an overnight bag landed on my face and monster Kao was about to bite back again but was stopped when Lila charged in yelling.

We both stood still and that's when I realized what I had done. Much more anxiety flooded in when the eldest regarded me sternly.

"Shirt. Put some shirt on and follow us outside!"

I swallowed dryly and unmindfully snatched a shirt from under all of the chaos on the floor.

"Am I fired?"

I regarded the ladies.

Aunty chuckled and shook her head.

"We'll be outside."

That and she and Lila strutted out the bedroom as I stood there taking in the mess we left and silently praying for my fate.

I groaned.

Loudly, this time.

I was about to take off the shirt I stupidly borrowed without the owner's permission, when the younger child showed from above the stairs.

She's already in her house clothes and she was regarding me.

I stopped on my track and waited for her to finally get down to where I was.

"What did he say? Your brother, I mean?"

I approached N'Lila without preamble, forgetting the fact that she wasn't really my biggest fan.

"He hates me, doesn't he?"

That's when I saw Lila reacted and snickered at me.

"What!?!"

I widened my eyes at her.

"Oh, P, if you only knew."

I blinked at her.

What the fvck!?!

"Does that mean he'll fire me!?! Am I getting botched?!?"

I cursed inwardly.

I am so doomed!

"P! Can you just please keep still? You're making me dizzy!"

I pursed my lips. I wasn't even aware I was pacing again.