63. Pavement

Kao

"Are you sure you don't want us to drive you home?"

I made a face at both my bestfriend and Mund.

I so badly wanted to be that bestfriend who annoys the hell out of the other but I also have things to settle myself and the way White I making faces and glaring at me is a glaring sign that I should not push it.

But then again, maybe I can. 🤭

"The 'us' really makes me uncomfortable, to be honest. Not that it's creepy. It's just that, I wasn't expecting for you to use it."

White raised his middle finger at me.

"I was also dropping him off that's why!"

Mund and I chuckled with White's remarks.

"Come on, Kao, stop teasing your bestfriend. I don't want him to take it all on me when we're finally alone together!"

I laughed when Mund earned a kick on the butt.

Up until then, I still wasn't sure how to go about the fact that my bestfriend is kind of dating my boyfriend's bestfriend but since I'm trying to run away from my boyfriend again, not wanting him to see me there just to prove him wrong with how easily he found out about me being at White's.

"Okay, I'm leaving, just take it easy you guys, okay?"

I said and waved at White who was torn between glaring at me and chiding Mund.

I shook my head.

Life's indeed full of surprises!

I had been a witness of that in more instances than necessary.

At times it's confusing.

And hard and difficult but life also has this funny thing that makes you get past it and enjoy it instead.

I shook my head.

Should I count my state lately?

Cause I was sure this wasn't easy.

That was what I was thinking about when I went out of the building and saw Pete waiting for me across the street.

I rolled my eyes.

To think I almost rushed down when he told me to wait before he dropped the call earlier.

I should have known better.

But then again, I should at least acknowledge the fact that I was quite satisfied with how he knew where to find me.

But of course, I'm annoyed still and I'm not easily swayed.

I saw the jerk smiled and waved at me.

Instead of returning the gesture, I deliberately rolled my eyes and walked the other way to the taxi stand.

No.

I had no plans of taking a cab, I just really want him to run towards me, which he did.

And no.

I also didn't understand why I was still acting this way.

Pete was trying to catch his breath as he stood beside me.

I looked at him from head to toe. He was wearing his sweat stained grey pullover paired with his white cargo shorts and a worn out black Chuck Taylor.

He had never dressed as casual as this till now.

I groaned inwardly.

Should I just go for the taxi!?!

I looked around but there was nothing coming my way.