12. Cathesized

Pete

I was sitting on the chair at my home office for I didn't know how long.

I still didn't know how to go about the fact that Kao Thittipoom was our house help.

The same Kao who called me out for being poor back in high school.

And the Kao who broke your heart as well.

I sneered at the nosy voice inside my head.

Really, I shouldn't be reminded about my stupidity all the time.

I groaned long and loud.

Less about my personal feelings towards this whole Kao being around my house thing, I was more curious about how he ended up at the job center and eventually
ending up as our house help.

As per the resume I had P'Pat emailed me, he's got about few more jobs prior to this one in the last months.

I also looked up the Thittipooms in the internet just then and their business was booming than ever.

They're even expanding in Hong Kong where the couple was said to be based at the moment so it's impossible that Kao's family was bankrupt that was why he's subjected himself to this job.

What the hell could he be on at the moment!?!

I groaned frustratedly yet again.

Kao couldn't have done this for fun, could he?

I mean, even for someone adventurous as he was, this was far too much!

I might have imagined how Kao and I would meet again for the first time and there were a few scenarios I came up with but this one wasn't included.

Not even close.

He's got finer hands than me so it would really be hard to imagine Kao doing house hold chores, not that I did imagine but...fvck Pete!

Get a grip!

You're a grown man now Pete, stop being bothered by someone from the past.

Also, Kao seemed to not even know you.

Not that I was surprised.

For one, he never looked at commoners in the eye back then.

I snickered with full on sarcasm.

I shouldn't be bothered about that fact but I was!

I groaned.

Mae's right.

This was all my idea and it was just a job.

I shouldn't feel anything unnecessary about all these.

Right.

I should stop thinking about Kao and tried to get on with Yom. She'd definitely help me get my mind off Kao if I let her and so I will.

I just agreed to a dinner with her before the plane took off from Japan.

Or you could just look for much less stupid ways to prove that you're not bothered by Kao's presecence!

"I'm not bothered!"

I said loudly and had to curse for talking to myself.

I shook my head.

Being alone would make me crazy even more so I needed to go out there and just face Kao.

I could ask him straight about this whole being a house help thing so I could rest my mind.

Also, I needed to prove to myself that I wasn't bothered by him anymore. I owe myself that, at least.