50. Maps

Kao

I heaved another sigh as I put the last plate inside the cupboard and slowly closed the lid before I gave out another sigh and sat on the chair at the counter.

I was convinced I shouldn't be worried and not felt guilty with what I did earlier but as time went by, I couldn't help by felt other wise.

Ugh!

I hate this!

But I didn't do anything wrong.

I was just being honest.

I am always honest.

Well, maybe not always.

Specially last Friday.

"Fvck! Fvck! Get off! Get off!"

I hissed at Pete before I realized that I was actually the one on top of him.

"Shvt! I should be the one to get off!"

I said and did so but not before I hit Pete who was chuckling as Lila was calling me over.

"Shut up, it's not funny! What do we do now?!?"

I hissed at Pete as I put my shirt back on.

I looked around and realized that I was in Pete's room.

Double fvck!

"What do we do? Either we go out and help Lila or you lock the door and continue what we're doing. Your call!"

I raised a middle finger at Pete who was now laughing loudly that I had to make a face at him and turned to the door with Lila leaning on it.

"So you're here. What were you two doing that you didn't even bother answering and helping me out?"

I smiled at Lila.

A strained one I supposed.

"And why are you naked P'Pete?"

Fvck!

"Uhm, errrr, I uhm, yeah! I'm helping your brother look for his shirt. I mean, house shirt, the, his favorite one. I couldn't remember where I put it the last time."

Lila looked at me and her brother alternately.

She then swept a look at me from head to toe before she regarded her brother sitting comfortable on the bed.

"Liars go to hell and sometimes burn on their way there."

Yeah, I was actually feeling all grilled at the moment my I was starting to sweat bullets.

"Ah, Lila and her words!"

I had to glare at Pete who snickered before Lila rolled her eyes and turned to me.

"I need help with the groceries, P'Kao."

I nodded at her.

"And oh! Your shirt is inside out!"

I didn't have time to feel embarrassed when Pete's voice boomed as he laughed out loud.

I bit on my lower lip as I remembered the incident.

I ignored Pete for hours after that and had only talked to him when he assured me that he already made Lila understand what happened right before he left to go back to his rented house after dinner.

He never told me what he told Lila but the younger Vihokratana never mentioned the incident anymore that I was somehow convinced that Pete really did make her understand.

The weekend panned out just fine and I thought that was it, until earlier after breakfast when Pete and I was at the garage getting ready to drive out respectively.