Chapter One

Better Than Revenge

Today marks the day Mark walked up to me to hear what he has to say. I can't say that it only felt yesterday now because it was a part of my past that I was so eager to erase. First meetings are supposed to be memorable and ours is memorable alright. Memorable in a stupid way. Sure, Mark liked me even before then but I hated him then and maybe the only part of Mark that I wanted to cherish forever that was a part of my past was the time he came clean about everything he did wrong. Just that.

"You can stop thinking about me now and actually talk to me, princess."

I turned and saw the one man I promised to keep for myself. "Arrogant player."

He laughs and walks closer to where I was sitting. "Even after everything we've been through, you're still calling me that."

I crossed my arms and looked away with my brows creased. "Should I remind you what you've been doing from everything we've been through? Okay. First, you come up to me and tell me you like my best friend. Second, you ask me to help you with my best friend. Third, you were seeing fairy pink princess. Tell me why I should stop calling you a player."

"Fairy pink princess?"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head in disbelief and in preparation for the upcoming tease he's about to make.

"Yujin?"

"Shut up." I squinted my eyes and tried to ignore my still-annoying boyfriend.

For a few moment, he wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin over my shoulder. "I wish I saw you getting jealous over Yujin. I would've paid to see you call her that while I was still talking to her."

I moved away from his cuddle and glared at him. "I never was jealous. You were always the jealous one. You even called Hikaru Hikuna and that's even worse! Now can you please stop passing me your doings and enough about this subject?"

"Why?" he paused and stares back at me. "You're going to break up with me again and I'm going to get a hard time finding out why?" At that point, I was sure I was ready to kill him despite my undeniably strong admiration for the guy until he pulls me back to his arms and gives me a kiss on the forehead. "Your cuteness never gets old, princess."

I remained quiet.

"You mad?" He asked and I ignored him. I was pissed. Who wouldn't get pissed or maybe I was just being a butthurt? Forget it. I was dang mad at him for teasing me like that and I always have been this way every time he does something like this but somehow we still manage to get through it. "Come on, princess. I'll take you to your haven."

Sue him for using gummies to make up for everything he does.

Just like that, the player's been blessed by my mercy for he has taken me to my haven. That sounded preachy but that's how I think about it. I'm not one to hold grudges against other people especially if that person is Mark Lee. I guess, that's one of the reasons why I'm weak and selfless. "Hey, Mark?" I called out after gulping a gummy down my throat.

He looks at me with so much adoration which makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world when I clearly told him I'd feel the unluckiest. The way he stares is really something else. His eyes aren't even that perfect yet for some reason he makes it seem perfect to me.

"Have you ever," I paused and stared into his beautiful brown eyes. "Regretted liking me before?"

He looks at me with a smile from his eyes. "I did."