Chapter Ten

Shoot Me: The Sixth Challenge

"Don't feel so bad, Nami-chan. You can win everything after that singing contest."

I turned to Hikaru with my shoulder sagged down. "I'm not so sure I'm ready to humiliate myself again." I groaned in frustration. After last week's challenge, I feel like everything's about to become harder and harder and I'm not really prepared for what's to come next. I've won thrice and I have to get at least half of the challenge. Will I be able to actually do it? I sighed louder. "Why is this happening to me?" I complain.

I feel Hikaru's hand over my shoulder so I looked at him with a defeated look. "You're overthinking. You shouldn't even be taking this challenge too seriously."

"If everyone's taking it seriously, shouldn't I take it seriously?" I creased my brows and felt my stomach clench in anxiety.

"I mean, sure you can say you'd let go of Mark if you, taking for chances, lose the game but do you honestly think that Mark would let that happen?" I stared at Hikaru for a brief moment to take in everything he just said. "He won't. You two have been through so much, I'd laugh if you don't actually end up together."

I chuckled. "It's not that. I wouldn't even accept this game if it weren't for him."

"What do you mean?" He looks at me frowning.

I looked away and sighed. "Nothing."

Announcement

The next battle, April 13th, will be held on Seoul Stadium.

"Track and field."

I sighed. The moment the page posted its next challenge to be held in a stadium is frightening enough. I wasn't good with any sport. I was good with dancing but I was never good with tournaments in the field.

"You can't do this, Nami." I looked at Mark who was creasing his brows at me. "You still can't use your foot in a competition this heavy. It's not yet ready for a full capacity like that and you know that. You can't do this. I can't let you do this."

He's right. "I have to at least try,"

"I may not always treat you right but you're still my sister and I'm not letting you do something that would potentially harm you." That did not sound like Johnny at all but if I didn't know that Johnny's my brother, I would have think that Hikaru is more capable of saying things like that. "You're not going to the challenge. That's an order."

"But I can't—" I paused when I realized what I just said. I can't withdraw from the challenge so I won't lost Mark

"What do you mean you can't, Nami-chan?" I hear Hikaru ask but I just looked away and sighed, shaking my head.

"Nami, can I have a word with you?"

I looked back at the boys and saw Taeyong crossing his arms. I looked at the other guys who seemed as confused as I am as to why Taeyong suddenly needs to talk to me. I blinked and felt Mark hold my arms.

"What, why? Taeyong, what's wrong?"

But instead of replying, he walks out of the room leaving everyone speechless. I wasn't sure myself why Taeyong suddenly wants to talk to me and alone. I feel like he knows me too well now to broadcast whatever he has to say to me out of privacy and respect so I follow him and assured Mark that whatever I'd be talking to him about will be fine.

"What is it, cap." I asked when I see him standing by the foyer of the building.

He turns to me. "What were you really doing outside LH Corporation, days after you decided to accept the stupid challenge?"