Chapter Twelve

IDGAF: The Eighth Challenge

On April 20, we will witness another concert by two ladies for the Eighth battle but this time, they won't be singing other people's song, it's going to be their own songs. See you at KSPO Dome at 8 in the evening!

"So they're actually giving you enough time to prepare for this."

"This won't be too hard for Nami though," Taeyong suddenly says making me turn to him in surprise and confusion. It's definitely going to be hard for me considering that I'm no singer and I'm no good in making songs like this one.

"You're right."

I turned to Mark with a glare. "You guys are nuts. I even lost to—"

"That's because it's a singing contest. It's not a singing contest this time. Are you even thinking?" Johnny then replied.

I sighed and shook my head in disbelief. I feel like every challenge is constantly showing everyone how incapable I am and it's embarrassing me every possible way. Are they really putting me up in challenges that Mark's exes are good at? I'm in a total disadvantage here.

"What are you so worried about, princess? It's not like you haven't done this before."

I turned to Mark creasing my brows. "Done what—" Does he—

"The song you gave me – last year, on my birthday."

I blinked and felt my cheeks burn in shame. "How—" I was being quiet about that but I never really knew that he already found out that it wasn't really from Sohee. Even now I'm so embarrassed of what I did. I just want to get out of here now.

He chuckled. "I went to thank Sohee before but she was clueless of what I was talking about and Taeyong told me you borrowed the studio. It can't possibly that midget ex of yours singing in that song so I figured it was—"

"Jihoon."

Everyone fell silent.

"I need Jihoon."

I immediately headed out of the room and dialed his number. I would have known if he changed his number and if he did, I'd be the most unfortunate human being on earth but if he really did, I have a list of desperate ways. When he, thankfully, picked up, "Jihoon! Are you busy? Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah. I'm actually on my break right now," What a relief. "My only break, really but go ahead."

"Sorry. Should I just call—"

I hear him chuckle. "Talk, Nami."

Okay. So I told him everything. Even the smallest details. Well, except about Mark's father being the one who talked me into this. I was going to tell him it was evil but I didn't want to call any of Mark's relatives' words that are mean and disrespectful. The chairman's still his father.

"A challenge?" He repeats as soon as I explained everything to him. It's been a while since I last saw him in person. I feel like we haven't seen each other for years but I have been talking to him if not Sohee on the phone. "What's the purpose of all this? Don't you think this is stupid? I mean, Mark will always find his way back to you so the contest is flawed itself and an ending they can never change."

"I know but," I paused. "I have reasons. Please help me, Jihoon. I really need your genius mind right now."

"You're lucky, Nami." Lucky? "I'm heading back to Seoul tomorrow for a meeting with one of the companies. I'll schedule a day to spend with you for whatever this is. Will it be enough? A day?"