Chapter Six

Secrets : The Second Challenge

"Why the long face, princess?"

I turned around and saw Mark taking the seat next to me. I smiled and looked at him. "I just can't believe that I won that round."

He chuckles. "What do you mean? You don't trust yourself?"

I shook my head. "It's just that," I sighed and looked away. "The moment you told me that Hailey's an award winning poet in the States, I felt so insecure and I didn't think I'd win against someone like that."

He stares at me with a wide smile on his face. Not the creepy, maniac, crazy type of smile but the sweetest smile any girl would ask for. I honestly wouldn't know what to do if Mark isn't beside me right now. If he isn't supporting me the way he does right now. I feel so lucky to have him by my side. "If we somehow didn't end up fixing our relationship back then, what do you think would have happened to us?"

I stared back at Mark wondering. Wondering why he was suddenly asking such questions that never really occurred to the both of us until now. "Maybe I'd be with Hikaru now."

He frowns which makes me laugh. Every time I bring up everything that happened in the past, he always gets jealous still.

"Or maybe I would have gotten back with Jihoon?"

He bobs his head and looks away in disappoint.

How cute. I chuckled and looked at him. "Are you still jealous of them?"

"Of course, I am!"

I bit my lips together trying to stop myself from laughing. "You're so weird, Mark Lee." I couldn't stop laughing at how cute he was.

He looks at me, pissed and frustrated of how I was teasing him.

"Most guys won't admit to getting jealous but you're openly saying it."

He frowns deeper.

"It's very adorable."

"Well, you love annoying me,"

I smiled at him. "Yea, I do."

"I hate you."

"You don't."

"I do."

"You can't."

"You're right. I can't." He sighs and leans against the table, looking at me with a calmer look on his face.

"How does it feel to be a trophy now that girls are literally fighting over you and publicly?" I asked out of curiosity.

He wheezes out loud. "It's quite overwhelming. I've dreamed of having girls fight over me before and it's satisfying now that it's actually happening. I guess I can call myself a star now since you girls like me so much you're willing to go through this program to win me."

I gasped in surprise so I gave him a slight slap by the chest. "How could you say that to your girlfriend?"

He laughs. "I'm just getting even, princess."

"It's not fair."

"How is that not fair?"

"Just," I paused when I realized I didn't really know why. "Just because,"

He laughs. "But I really did dream of something like this and I wanted it to happen so bad but now that it's actually happening and it's associated with you, I feel bad for wishing something like that." He pauses. "I just want it to stop so you wouldn't go through this stupid challenge those silly girls are bringing up."

Hallmark (Marked Series #3) | NCT Mark AU Fictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें