CHAPTER SIX.

6.

                               The wounds were to gruesome to let go, the burns didn't allow the muscles veins to heal up nicely. So the doctor had to scrap the thin parts out and sew it together so that it can heal by itself. Most likely by the day after tomorrow he'll be all healed up. Once the doctor finished bandaging Oden's wound, he turns to his brother too tired to speak.
"This is ...your fault," Oden spits it out ,his voice all groggy and slur due to the medication, glaring at his brother.

"and how is it my fault? I didn't tell Veron to launch at you." Defends Eden . "Shh! Listen to that, that sound is you giving me migraine. I told you not to let us play super hero but nooo, it might have been thirteen years but nothing here has changed, This is the dark side brother girls being plastered on walls and men being attacked in broad daylight that is our home. And mark you, you are the one who taught me to stay quiet and mind my own business. Eden you cannot change what our people are no matter how many comics you read thinking villains die, rain check this is the real world only good people end up hurt or dead......... Fuck that Veron is going to pay. Oh! My Maker look at what that gangster did to me." Oden lets out all his anger reminding his brother his roots, helping him to understand. Eden hasn't been here for a long time unlike him, he watched his father try to create that fictional reality. He watched him fail continuously. You see alphas they are born predators, leaders with the instinct of survival for the fittest, things are better now back before division some alphas born as twins were known to kill their omega and beta siblings to show strength in the womb. Absorb no annihilation was what the midwives called it. At around 8 months that's when it would all happen the foetus would use it's claws and fangs to dig into their siblings skin throat and chest. When born the second baby would look completely destroyed disfigured it was a disgusting site. Alphas are meant to grow and learn to mature by themselves. That's why the king had various students especially those that were meant to lead the nation go to claws academy, have them learn to interact inorder to change the way they look at things.

Eden was hurt by this reality he needed to escape closed up for so long all he could do was dream. Dreams are short lived. He walks out of the room in need for fresh air and the lack of reminder of his great ambition to bring change only not deliberately hurt his brother.'

"Are you done?" Oden inquires from the doctor who was busy scribbling a couple of words on his records for future reference on Oden's treatment."Yes but you need to take it easy for a few days.can I ask how this happened?" " Is it out of curiosity or for that little record you are dotting down." " Am sorry prince Oden I should have started with am not going to tell the king it's just out of curiosity." "It's a rare sight to see doctors wanting to know more about their patients. There is more to this question. What is it?" " It's a concern more people have shown up with marks like that ever since school closed for the break. I have seen more violent caused wounds than anyone in this building what I have never seen are this claw marks. They look like the claws burns the tissue, muscles and blood vessels as they go through. I can't tell what hurts the victim more the burning sensation or the tear caused by the claws." "How long?" "Exact count two weeks ago." "How many?" "About twenty others disappear without a trace." "I see." "By tomorrow you shall be fully healed."
"The burning sensation." "What?" "It's the first thing you feel when those claws touch your skin. It's what gets you screaming."

After a few hours of examination Oden is discharged, he quickly dresses back to his clothes then grabs his jacket and leaves the place looking for his lost brother, annoyed at the fact he left him on his own, lucky for him he didn't need to go far as he meets Eden at the exit point leaning on the hospital wall still in thought waiting for him."I thought you abandoned me." "I almost did." "I need some air meet you at home." "Didn't the doctor tell you to take it easy." "Am not going to lift boulders. Just taking a walk. You should go rest that pretty little head of yours thinking to deep will only hurt you more." The younger brother turns away leaving his brother in deep thought for he knew Oden was right, in the dark side was not all rainbows and unicorns. That's how people grew up to be. Alphas only reign in terror, it was his fault Oden got hurt. Playing hero was one of Eden's strongest point back then he saved his brother from his father's brutal hands many times can't he do the same to his people,the long walk was worth it he had to do something, something to change people's mind. Something to show the world that Alphas can be totally different but that's a lie he can keep selling to himself, they were primal and based on primal instinct, he walks on the street looking at his people, future king Eden, it had a nice ring to it. This is your kingdom do as you please.