CHAPTER NINE.

9.

                            "Hemlda is Oriela in her room." "Yes my queen." Notified t
he queen walks in to her daughter's room finding the princess seated at her bed watching a horror movie from her wall inbuilt T.V the volume was loud and the background song was bone chilling, the room was dark setting in the mood for the jump scare that was about to take place. Their eyes glued to the screen as the watched the zombie grabbing the protagonist followed by a rolling bleeding head stopping staring right at them. The princess screams loudly while holding her pillow to hide her face  preventing herself from  watching anymore of  that grotesque scene, queen Griselda smiles at her childish behaviour. The number of times she has told her to stop watching those shows yet she keeps doing it no matter how scared she gets has always made her amused. Any way she was here for something different, a very important part of her life was about to change with what she was going to tell her. After gathering as many brave rituals as possible she proceeds to take a step towards her daughter touching her shoulder sending the poor girl into a screaming fit. "Calm down honey it's just me mom." "You frightened me." She angrily spits out as she regulates her breathing before going into a fit of laughter."I think that movie scared you more than me." laughs Griselda as Oriela sits up properly to face her mother. "Is there anything you'd like mom, I have a strong feeling you are not here for a social visit," "Straight to the point huh." "I know you my dear sweet mommy. Tell me is it about the new social security unit I set up for most of the omegas. I thought it will be done routinely on a monthly basis to keep the emerging trouble makers at the short end of the stick." Oriela explains quickly rushing towards her self made plans checking for any gaps during the set up. This made her proud her daughter was working hard to keep their kingdom safe. She was going to be a fantastic queen. "No it's something else. How about you take a shower so we can go for that Mother- daughter trip I promised you." "It must be serious. Okay . It's better than staying cooped up in here anyways. I'll take two minutes." "You two minutes." "I can be quick. It's a choice to extend the process." The princess giggles walking into the bathroom leaving her mother seated on her bed preparing herself to give  her the bad news, that would change everything.

                              "Ten to six, I beat you again." Oden childishly says laughing so hard at his brother as they played the new and improved basket VCR game they bought a few days ago during their quarantine. "You are cheating." "Cheating? It's all AI. You  are just terrible at it." Mocks Oden patting his brother's head with his his computerized gloves. "It's only four points fool I can still beat you. Haven't you ever heard the saying that whoever laughs last laughs best." Eden brags throwing in another invisible ball in the screen basket  score turning to 150 - 148.
"In which planet was that made. You have the worst laugh whether you laugh first or last." Eden drops the controller and grabs his brother playfully threatening to punch him getting laughter instead as Oden quickly holds his hands preventing him from throwing them around.
"Listen here you 22 yr old you can't beat me, I am new blood. Fresh out of the oven. You are stale...." "And who told you it has anything to do with age."

All this time Xander watches from a distance as the two boys were shoving each other around, pushing his memories back to when they were young boys, when the eight year old would playfully push his 12 year old brother after winning a game of kick ball. Those were the times life was less complicated and now things were different. He was afraid of breaking the news to his son. He knew Eden he was a true leader ready to sacrifice himself for everyone else not even  letting his happiness come in the way of it. It had to be done. He kept buying time for the boy for something to come up nothing. They were left with a single option and time was running out.

"Eden can I speak to you?" He requests stopping the small fake argument between the two immediately getting their attention. "Sure father." He says letting go of his younger brother. "It's not like I want Oden to brag around me with that trophy." "What trophy?!" Xander asks  spotting his old music trophy in Oden's hands. "Wait a minute, how did you two get your hands on my trophy?" Xander angrily growls scaring the two young men especially Eden who was quick to sell out the true culprit. "Oden did it."  he quickly runs out of the room leaving Oden in the Lion's den alone. Was he stupid did they not sign a blood oath to never betray each other no matter the consequence. "Traitor I thought we were in this together." Oden turns to face his angry father his smile completely wiped off his face. "It was just collecting dust." "We will talk about this later." "There is nothing to talk about. It's an old trophy." "It's not the trophy that's an issue it's the luck of boundaries with you." He concludes Leaving  the room letting Oden's anger simmer down. How can Eden betray him like that. "That asshole. How do I end up calling him a brother after this." Oden rambles but he was definitely not planning to have his ass lectured especially not on boundaries.