Chapter 20

(A/N) Ahhhhh! Over 3,000 reads! Thank you guys so much!!!! I'm honestly so happy right now! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            It had been a couple days since I was told my diagnosis. I was still a little worked up about it, always locked inside my mind with thoughts of it. I hadn’t told anyone yet, not even Cece. I wasn’t too sure how my friends would react. Would they cast me as an outsider because I was somewhat willing to work with Dr. Reynolds in helping me get better, or would they be supportive and walk the path along with me?

            “He makes me happy.”

            Cece’s words cut through my thoughts and I turned to look at her. She was staring over in a different direction, so I followed her gaze and smiled instantly. “Just by looking at him? Imagine what would happen if he kissed you.” I said.

            I watched the smile grow on Cece’s lips. “Gabe is so cute, oh my God, if he kissed me I think I would die.”

            “I could talk to him for you if you want?” I asked.

            Her head turned towards me. “I don’t know, what if he doesn’t like me?”

            I rolled my eyes playfully. “Okay, even you know that’s bull. You guys are always flirting.”

            She stuck her tongue out at me. “You’re right. But can I tell you a secret?”

            “Sure.”

            Cece scooted a little closer to me. We were in the lounge area sitting on the couch, so I understood why she needed to be in close proximity. “Ever since we started talking, I haven’t hurt myself.” She whispered.

            I couldn’t help but grin widely. “That’s awesome!” I shouted a little too loudly, receiving questioning glances towards my way.

            I slowly sunk down. “Sorry.”

            She just giggled. “It’s okay.”

            I gave her my best puppy dog face. “Can I go talk to him for you?”

            She looked down a second, pondering my request. After a few seconds, a sigh escaped her lips and she nodded. “Okay, but don’t be too blunt about it, that’s all I ask.”

            “Perfect!” I said, quickly shooting out of my seat.

            Sauntering over to Gabe, Janie, and Tom who were sitting down at one of the table, I stopped a few inches away and looked at him. “Gaaaaaaaaaabe!” I whined, giving him an innocent look.