Chapter 21

Sorry for the extremely long wait! I just moved and there's been so much to do, then the internet wouldn't work at the new house so I had to wait longer to update. Buuuuut I finally have a new chapter for you guys. It's unedited, but enjoy! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            I couldn’t believe Melanie was standing right in front of me in a mental hospital. I was so angry for a couple reasons. One, she was standing right in front of me. Two, I didn’t want her out of all people to know where I was. The look on Gabe’s face had confusion written all over it.

            “Why the hell are you here?” I hissed, balling my fists tighter than before.

            Melanie looked genuinely scared, and that gave me some satisfaction. I had dealt with her bullying way too much. I was supposed to be safe from people like her. She was the main reason why my exercising got so bad. Her stupid comments about me eating the Doritos at a party just because I hadn’t had them in a long time. And then the continuous insults as the days went by made me feel worse. She had no right to be here.

            “Whoa there, Kylie, what’s going on?” Gabe asked, stepping in-between us.

            “Please move, Gabe, I don’t want to accidentally punch you.” I told him, not even looking at him.

            He turned to Melanie and sighed. “Can you please tell me what this is all about?” He asked.

            Melanie was silent and I knew why. She didn’t want to admit her actions. “Who is she to you?” I asked, finally looking over to Gabe.

            “She’s my cousin.” He informed me.

            I couldn’t help but laugh. “How could you possibly be related to that? You wanna know what happened, Gabe? Well, your bitch of a cousin practically made my life hell with her little posse at school.”

            Gabe furrowed his eyebrows. “Is that true?” He asked her.

            I watched Melanie roll her eyes before smirking in my direction. “Please don’t tell me your friends with her, Gabe. The fatty will on--”

            I refused to listen to the rest of the sentence. Without thinking, I swung my fist at her face and collided with her nose. A shriek came out of her lips just before I pounced on her, making us both fall to the ground with me on top. Taking the position to my advantage, I punched her right below her eye before I felt strong arms pull me away. I was able to kick her side before Gabe had me a couple feet away, but that didn’t stop Melanie from coming after me.

            Gabe was forced to let his grip of me go when Melanie dug her nails into my cheek. I cried out in pain but went right back at her, grabbing her hair and pulling her down to the ground. She was able to grab at me and pull me down with her, resulting in us rolling around, fighting to be on top.