15. another secret

Park Jimin •

After Do Jae called me about what just happened at the office today, I knew exactly that Soo-young have once again lost her mind. Of course I want her to know the truth about Jackson because she doesn't deserve him—especially her being so wiling about giving everything to him.

I wanted nothing but to get that scumbag out of our family's life but after hearing what happened today, I can't help but feel bad. Soo-young is as merciless as her father and nothing will stop her. Ever since we were kids, I've always known there was something wrong with Soo-young and she tends to solve problem in the most ruthless and unexpected ways.

When she was 10, she fooled a 9 year old boy who accidentally destroyed her bunny doll to drink a whole glass of red wine making a 9 year old drunk and hospitalized. When was the last time I saw her crying? When she was 8?

Trust me, last time I cried was weeks ago and Soo-young.. she's sickeningly emotionless.

Dialing Taehyung's number, I impatiently waited for him to pick up the phone. When he did, he sounded like he's out in a club because of the loud music in the background.

"Taehyung," I spoke to the phone, "When you two got out of the hotel today, how did she react? Is she okay?" I asked him.

"She was really mad though," he answered. "Why?"

"Nothing," I trailed off. "I just want to make sure she's okay after a break-up," I chuckled.

"She's fine," he replied. "You've got one tough cousin, she acted like nothing happened. You should've seen that part where she smashed his iPhone and Rolex. Wish I could replay that part all over again," he chuckled. "Don't worry, she's really fine. And actually—I'm planning on taking her out tomorrow, will that be okay with you?"

"Dude what the hell? Didn't I tell you to leave my poor cousin out of this?!" I groaned running a hand through my hair before stepping out of my bedroom.

"I think I might actually like her though."

Poor Tae.

"You two don't deserve each other and that's a fact,"
I stated. "Don't start something you know you can't finish V," I told him sternly.

"You want me to cancel this whole date with her then?"

"Obviously," I replied in a 'duh' tone. He chuckled before giving me an okay then hang up the phone. That was easy. Grabbing my car keys, I went to go outside until my mom stopped me.

"Where are you going this late?" she asked me. I turned around before giving her a small smile.

"I'm going to Youngie's house."

"Min-ah, I've heard about what happened at the office today," she sighed. My parents are worried about Soo-young while her father is just out there supporting all these fucked up things she does and her mother, she never even cared. "Things like this can't go on, you understand that right? She needs to get some help."

"Mom," I argued. "Stop talking as if she's insane."

"Park Jimin, I know you're worried about her and you want to help her but pretending like she's normal is lying to yourself. She needs help, it's not her fault though—but she really needs help."

Ignoring her statement, I told her goodbye and got out of the house. I sat in my car for a few minutes wondering on what to say to Soo-young. She just need someone to understand her and be the shoulder to cry on.

When I got to Soo-young's house, the sight of Jackson and his parents kneeling down in front of Soo-young at the front porch broke my heart.

It's not because of Jackson's family basically losing a job and their source of money but it's because of Soo-young. How could someone be so fragile yet that heartless? Seulgi was standing right next to her while talking to her—probably trying to get her to change her mind.

Kang Seul-gi, another dirty secret created by Soo-young's father that'll only ruin and wreck Soo-young even more if she ever finds out. Stepping out of the car, I cleared my throat making all eyes turned on me. I smirked at Jackson before walking up to Soo-young whose eyes were glued on me the entire time.

"What happened to the confident Jackson?" I asked him and he glared at me without answering. "Youngie, why don't you go inside and let me take care of this people."

"What?" Soo-young asked.

"You want them gone right?" I asked her and she nodded immediately at my words. I smiled placing a hand on her shoulder. "You can trust me on this one," I told her. She looked at me before turning on her heels and walked inside.

As soon as I heard the front door closed, my smirk fell and I stared at the poor family emotionless. Telling them to stand up, I pulled out an empty cheque our of my pocket.

"You could've had everything Jackson," I chuckled while writing down the cheque. "You're too dumb."

After signing the cheque paper, I handed it to him and he looked at it in disbelief before his father snatched it from his hand and torn the paper. I sighed and wrote another cheque.

"Use this money to start a new life somewhere far away, leave Soo-young and our family alone."

"What will happen after the money runs out? You think it's gonna be that easy?!" his father yelled at me.

"Listen," I rubbed my temple in frustration. I gave him money and he yelled at me? "Soo-young doesn't know I'm doing this. If she knows, you're going to leave this place empty handed!" I raised my voice as well. "This is 100 million won, it should be enough to last for a whole year—in the mean time, find another job and start a new life," I spat throwing the cheque right at his face. His mother immediately took the cheque and bowed down at me before went to say goodbye. My eyes stayed on Jackson who's been glaring at me the whole time.

"You shouldn't have messed with my family," I shook my head and my grin once again grew on my lips. They all turned around to leave. "Jackson," I called him once again. When he turned around my hand flew across his his face. "If any of you shows up in front of Soo-young, it won't end well."

Without another word, I left them and got into the house where all of Soo-young's maids are surrounding her in the living room. One is holding a glass of water to her, one is massaging her shoulder and the other one is massaging her legs.

"Soo-young."

She turned her head slightly to look at me before raising a hand telling her maids to leave. They all obediently left before Soo-young stood up to approach me.

"I'm sorry," she apologized looking at me straight in the eyes. I stared at the same dull eyes I grew up with. "I should've listened to you—maybe I just didn't when to. I'm sorry," she repeated.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course, if you think a boy like him will make me cry—you're wrong," she chuckled.

She didn't even cry when her parents got divorced.

She didn't cry when our grandma died.

"You're okay," I smiled placing a hand on her shoulder. "Listen to me next time, okay?" I asked her and she nodded her head. I turned around to leave the house only to find Seulgi standing outside. She must've used the backdoor.

"Don't let her find out," I told her and she nodded at me. "We don't know how she'll react if she ever finds out."

-

a/n:

I'm so sorry for being so late in updating but university is a pain in the ass and I barely have time to write anymore and now that I'm on a semester break I hope I can update more frequent so yeah look forward for more updates!!!

anyways please don't forget to leave a comment and vote for the next chapter <33333