Jared

LISTEN I KNOW HOW LATE THIS CHAPTER IS IVE BEEN PROCRASTINATING WAYYYY TO MUCH LATELY IM SORRY

"I'm giving you five minutes to explain."

Alana had let both of us inside, and before Evan could even ask what the hell was going on she aggressively pulled me into the Kitchen, leaving Evan and Zoe in the living room.

"Listen, I realize it was a bad idea."

"Oh really?" She shoots back sarcastically. I don't think I've actually seen Alana mad before, besides when she rants about something. I glance back towards the living room, where Zoe and Evan were sitting on the couch. Zoe was probably filling him in on what was going on, based on the somewhat horrified expression on Evan's face.

"Look," I whisper to her, "I don't care if you never want to see his face ever again, but-"

"I already made that announcement a year ago."

"I know, Alana." A moment passes before I speak again. "But just give him this one chance."

"Don't you remember what he did? All the lies? The fake emails?"

"That I helped write. But you're not mad at me for that- as far as I know."

"That's different."

"How." She gives me a long look.

"Cause... Well... It just is! What does it matter to you anyway? I thought you haven't talked to him since we posted the suicide note."

I actually don't know why it matters to me. It's like what I was thinking about on the way here, all of a sudden I actually started caring about things that I usually couldn't care less about. Post-July party me wouldn't go all this way to help someone.  

"All that doesn't matter. What matters is that Evan wanted to apologize to you, to at least try to make up with you. Whether you decided to be friends with him or not after this is your decision. If you would just talk to him, then you might change your mind. That's what happened to me... kinda." She gives me another long look, I could tell she was thinking, which meant I was getting somewhere.

"Was Zoe in on this too?" She says suddenly.

"Well, yeah."

"So you, Zoe, and Evan just decided it would be a good idea to come over to my house and talk?"

"No. Evan had no idea this was happening either. And I thought of the idea and just told Zoe I was going to do it. She only agreed because she thought that you and Evan needed to talk, too."

"Oh, so you're just a dick."

"Basically, yes." She stands, staring at the ground, biting her nails for a bit. I look over at the living room again to see that Zoe and Evan were talking casually now. At least they already made up.

"Okay, okay," Alana says, making me face her again. "I'll be 'friendly' and not kick you guys out of my house like I originally intended," Thank fucking God, "But that's only because Zoe wants me to."

"Good," I sigh out, and she leads me out of the kitchen.

As soon as we step into the living room, Zoe gets off the couch and leads Alana off to the side, probably thinking she's going to have to convince Alana a little bit more. I casually sit on the couch where she was sitting, trying to pretend that this was a totally normal situation. Turning to face Evan, though, I find that he doesn't buy it at all. "Jared."

I quickly drop the act and turn my body completely towards him. "Okay, I already had this conversation. It was a bad idea. I'm a dick. I'm sorry. But, this way, you can talk to her." I say and motion towards the two girls.