Zoe

I contemplated making this one and the next chapter one big chapter, but I'm pretty sure that would end up being like, 4000 words, so I decided agonist it. So here ya go :)

"So let me get this straight," Alana said into the phone. "You and Evan Hansen are throwing a frat party?"

"Yep," Jared replied, who was on speakerphone.

"Who the hell are you inviting?"

"...You two."

"Just us?"

"...yeah."

I laugh and say, "Jared that's not much of a frat party."

"Well, yeah. But Evan didn't want to come with me to an actual frat party, so we're making one at my house. And it would be lame if it was just me and Evan there." Alana and I look at each other, then giggle and roll our eyes.

"Dude, you guys are so lame," Alana said, still laughing.

"Yeah yeah, I know. Are you guys going to come or what?"

"When is it going to be?" I ask.

"We were planning on making it Friday since Evan gets to finally stop slaving away at Pottery Mart Thursday."

"Is there going to be alcohol?" Alana asks mischievously, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Uh, no shit. This is a frat party." Jared replied, acting offended. At that, we giggled some more.

"Then it sounds like a plan!" Alana says, putting her arms around my shoulders excitedly.

"What about you Zoe?"

"Well... I don't know..." I know me and Evan are supposed to be cool from that day at the coffee shop, but I still haven't talked to him yet, cause I didn't want it to be awkward. This will be the first time I see him since then, and I don't know how I feel about that just yet. Plus, I've never gone to a party before, even if there will only be four people there.

"Oh come on Zoe, it'll be fun! You rarely go out and do stuff like this!" Alana insists, gripping my shoulders tighter.

"Aaaand, I convinced Evan to actually drink this time," Jared adds, "so you'll get to see him drunk." 

"Woah, drunk Evan? That's a deal-breaker. Wait... drunk Zoe?" Alana says nudging me with her free arm.

"Nope," I reply. When she tries to give me her 'puppy eyes' I say, "who is supposed to drive you home?"

"Oh yeah, that's a good point. Does that mean you're coming?" I sigh and think about it for a second.

"I guess." Both Jared and Alana shout excitedly, and soon the call ends. I'll just have to get over it and face Evan at the party.

_______

"You ready?" Alana asks as we get in the car.

"I guess," I reply. I really don't know what I'm getting into. Alana brought some extra drinks, mostly for her, cause she doesn't like the taste of regular beer. How she got them, I have no clue. I have no clue how Jareds got some, either. But a lot of teens drink,  so obviously, it can't be that hard.

She cups my cheeks with her hands and shouts, "My little baby's all grown up! Her first real party!"

"Yeah... 'party.'" I say, pushing her arm away from me.

"It's still more than what your use to, ya loser."

"Alana, the only reason why you're invited to parties is cause you're roommate is the one who throws them."