Jared

"I was just having a nice time trying to eat my sandwich and look at that beautiful fucking dog, and Evan just goes 'blah blah blah I'm stressed' and I'm like 'about what?' And he goes 'mother fucking college' like bitch who give a shit."

I was hanging out with Alana in that same park from before. We were both laying in the grass, just watching the clouds and talking. I was telling her about our day at the orchard (because she asked not because I wanted to talk about it ok) and I was telling her about our conversation at the bench. Of course, I'm not going to tell her that he told me about his attempted suicide.I would never tell someone about that, defiantly not now, at least. I really was an asshole, wasn't I? Anyway, back to my rant about Evan.

"And then we get into a conversation about fucking college and it's, like, so dumb."

"Dude, you complain about how dramatic I am?"

"No one wants to talk about Goddamn college but you, Alana. It was stupid, I could have stayed watching that dog forever, but nooo, we had to talk about college."

"You know," she says, rolling over on her stomach and looking at me mischievously. "It sounds a lot like you're mad about Evan going to college rather than him talking about it."

"What is that supposed mean?" I ask, eyeing her.

"It means that you're upset because Evan will have to go back to school and have a busy ass schedule because of it, and you won't get to talk to him as much, like what happened with me."

"Well yeah I'm upset about that but I still get to hang out with you a lot, so I'll probably still get to hang out with Evan a lot, too."

"Not as much as you have been."

I roll my eyes and turn to look up at the clouds. I laugh to myself a little when I make out a duck with some dope sunglasses.

"Maybe, you'll be able to change that?" Alana says randomly, the mischief back on her face.

"Huh?"

"You know, you can change seeing Evan on a limited bases." I stare at her a little trying to get what she's saying, then it hits me.

"Hoe if you try to convince me to enroll in college I swear to God-"

"But think about it! Me and Evan are both going to the same college, and if you manage to get your classes on some of the same days as ours, then we'll be able to see each other more! Also, don't you want a job with programming and stuff? You know how to code and everything since high school. With a degree you can get a real job instead getting fired from the cafe in the mall because you straight up stole and ate a bath bomb."

"Hey, Shut up!"

All the points makes since, I will be able to see both of them more and I do need a way better job than what I got going on, but still. I have never thought I would ever go the college. I didn't want to go starting in high school after I found out how shitty that had been. I mean, I know they are two totally different things, but still, high school sucked. On top of that, I fucking hate having responsibilities, and getting a damn degree is a million of them. I don't have a big enough brain for all that shit.

"I don't care, I don't want to go to college."

"Okay, whatever you say," she says, ending the conversation. She rolls back over and watches the clouds with me.

Buzz buzz.

I feel my phone in my pocket vibrate. I take it out and check the notification.

"Woah, you actually have friends?" Alana says teasingly. I nudge her arm.

"It's literally just Evan."