Evan

If you didn't read the A/N in the previous chapter, this will be the last chapter of this fanfiction.

I do have have a lot of stuff to say at the end, so please go through and read that.

I just straight rant about the success of this story and then talk about future plans.

So yeah. Thanks ;)

Why does America have to be so stupidly prideful about America? Every year when the Fourth of July rolls around everyone's covered from head to toe in full American flags and spending all their money on fireworks. And that's exactly why I hate this holiday. Fireworks, in general, give me loads of anxiety, from the sound they make to the drunk assholes lighting them. I swear someone's going to get their face blown off from trying to light a firework through their nose or something.

Or, in my own boyfriend's case, almost blowing off his hand because he lit a firecracker then got distracted cause I said "shit."

But, that was last year. If I went back in time to that day and told myself what would happen in the year to follow, there's no way I'd believe me.

Younger me was scared Jared would still be mad and hoped he wouldn't even be at the party in the first place. Fast forward to a month and a half later we were making out in a pillow fort we made out of couch cushions and tiki torches.

Soon, I finally started college, and Jared actually kept up online. We would study together from time to time, but we'd always end up getting distracted and cuddling or... whatever.

It's really great dating a computer technology major, too. The amount of times my dumb self has accidentally exited out of Microsoft word without saving is incredible. He has had to save my ass way too many times.

Along with college came college friends, and those friends became friends with Jared. Which I think he's enjoyed. It's nice that he can socialize with more people than just me and Alana.

Jeremy and his friend group started college at the same time, too, so we've mingled with some of them a little bit. So far the only one I'm comfortable with is Michael. The others are just... really extra. I should not be as intimidated by Christine as I am.

The year just... flew by, so quickly. And somehow, we've made it back to the forth of July. Same party, mostly the same people, a new relationship.

This time, instead of sitting in the passenger side of my mom's car receiving a pep talk, I'm sitting in the passenger seat of Jared's car, listening to him belt Queen songs and finger jam on the steering wheel.

This time, instead of nervously messing with my pride bracelet, I'm reaching back and petting Bella who's in the backseat.

This time, instead of worrying about every little thing and hating on myself for the shit I did in my past, I'm actually kind of excited. Yeah, every single interaction I'll have will be awkward, and yeah, I'll probably just sit there and wait for time to pass. But hey, I'm not scared Jared will confront me about anything, cause he's literally my boyfriend. I just hope he won't almost blow his fingers off again.

_______

When we arrive at Matt's house, memories of last year wash over me, and prickles of anxiety poked my stomach. I know I have nothing to be anxious about, but I can't help it. Jared notices me hesitate to get out of the car and gives me a reassuring thigh pat.

"You'll be fine, Evan." I smile, give him a peck on his cheek, and open the door.

"Welcome!" Matt greets from the gate, opening it for us. He shakes hands with Jared and gives me a side hug. He reaches down to pet Bella and coos at her, while Jared and I watch as she looks up at us for help. When he's done, he gets serious,