Jared

Happy late Valentine's Day

I may or may not have based a scene in this chapter off of an episode of ICarly... just read and you'll get it.

Kinda short but aye who cares

I finally got away from Alana and Zoe... for now. I don't doubt me and Evan's "relationship" will come back into conversation at some point. Oh well. I don't have to think about those things anymore.

I asked Evan if I could come earlier this morning. He told me he would be done with whatever he was doing by the time I'd get there, so it'd be fine. I didn't plan on doing anything besides chill in his room like usual. We'd gotten so close we could just sit and be on our phones for an hour and still enjoy it.

Maybe I should remind him I'm coming.

Nah, he wouldn't have forgotten in such a short amount of time.

_______

I was wrong.

"You got drunk, without me?"

"I have a perfectly valid explanation for this."

"Like what?"

"Okay... it's not that valid... but I thought it'd be a good idea at the time..."

"Uh Huh."

I get to Evan's house to find him groaning with his head down on the kitchen table, a bottle of whiskey with a silly straw in it beside him. He had totally forgotten about our conversation earlier and decided to get drunk off his ass.

"Just hear me out, alright?" He slurred. "I thought that maybe, if I drank a little bit, then I'd be able talk to my professors before classes start."

"What were you going to do, woo them with your terrible flirting abilities?"

"No! I was just going to get buzzed, then I'd have just a little more confidence."

"...so you decided to drink straight whiskey?" I ask, picking up the almost empty bottle off the table. "How much was in here before?"

"Basically all of it."

"Evan!"

"I ended up drinking too much, so I never went to meet the professor people, so I just... kept drinking."

"Dude, you're a mess."

"I know." He set his head back on the table, making me sigh. I decided that trying to move him would not be the best idea, so I just settled for sitting next to him.

"Why the silly straw?" I ask, still holding the bottle. Curious, I slowly take a drink out of it, which was a terrible idea. Whiskey in not-shot-form was terrible. It fucking burned. "Oh god seriously why."

(don't know if that's how whiskey works, don't @ me am child)

"Drinking it straight from the bottle made me feel like an alcoholic. I tried to get a cup but they were dirty and I didn't feel like cleaning one."

"And that's how you become an alcoholic."

"Probably." He reached his hand out started playing with my fingers. I let him, watching how focused he was, like how every movement was completely thought out, even though it obviously wasn't.