Evan

"I'M A SHOOTING STAR, LEAPING THROUGH THE SKYYY LIKE A TIGER DEFYING THE LAWS OF GRAVITYYY!"

"Jared, shut up."

"IM A RACING CAR, PASSING BYYYY LIKE LADY GODIVA, I'M GONNA GO, GO, GO THERES NO STOPPING MEEEE!"

"Jared please!" I laugh. He stops singing and turns the radio a little bit.

"What? Do you not like my singing abilities?" He asks teasingly.

"Not when you're screaming at the top of your lungs," I reply, still giggling.

"I will have you know, screaming at the top of my lungs is my specialty."

"Sure it is," I say, rolling my eyes. He smiles and nods his head, turning the radio back up. I was scared he was going to start doing it again, but instead, he goes for just humming along with Freddie Mercury.

We were in Jared's car on the way to the orchard. It wasn't that far from where we lived, I pass by it every time I go to work. We decided to leave around noon so that we'd have lunch there and spend just a couple hours hanging out. There wasn't much to see, as most of the trees were baby's, but we could go on a hike around the lake if we wanted to.

I look out the window and take in the view of the countryside. My mind drifts off to a different world with the sound of Jared's humming in the background.

"Ah," Jared says, breaking me out of my fantasy as the radio changes from Queen to some other song. I didn't even realize that much time had passed. "What a gay icon."

"I know right. Wait... what?"

"What?"

"Hold up, Jared are you-?"

"Shut up, Hansen."

"Wait are you really-?"

"Shut up Hansen."

"Oh my God, you are!" He sighed and rolled his eyes. He looked at me for a long time before he put his eye back on the road.

"I thought it was more obvious than that."

"That you were gay?" I ask, astonished. Who would ever guess that Jared Freaking Kleinman was gay?

"Yes? Alana guessed like, three days after we met."

"Oh whatever," I say, still in disbelief.

"It's true! You just don't have good gay senses or something." He pauses, "Well, I guess I don't either," He points at my pride bracelet that I had still yet to take off.

"Once again, you used to call me gay all the time."

"Yeah, but I was joking." I roll my eyes this time, then I remember something.

"Wait, whatever happened to 'getting second-base-below-the-bra with a girl from Israel who was about to go into the army'?"

"That was an absolute fucking lie."

"Wow, okay then."

"Yep. I was trying to make myself sound way cooler than you... but I don't think I really try."