Jared

*cough cough* 5k reads *cough cough*......Pun intended (prob shouldn't joke about that my bad) 

Ok so I was volunteering with this little kid theatre program and it was stressing me tf out but the other day (more like last week) was our last show and it went really well!! So now I can get back to writing and not worry about children anymore :)

School got canceled cause of the virus so I got two whole weeks to vibe out and write (and do this big ass packet of work they gave us)

Edit: we got a month to vibe out and write now yikes

It's gotten worse.

The more I think about it the more I fall.

And I can't stop thinking about it.

So I went back to Alana's house for more help. (I personally wouldn't really call it "help" but oh well.)

"I can't just like, do something about it. Cause then if he rejects me, then everything that we've built up since July will be lost. Forever. "

"That's what you thought when you two stopped being friends last year, but obviously you became friends again," Alana says matter-of-factly.

"That's different."

She rolled her eyes. "Jared, Evan likes you back. I don't understand why that's so hard for you to get. We basically have proof." She held up her phone showing me the picture of us from the party that she still has saved on her phone.

"In your own words, you and Zoe kissed before. And you guys are perfectly fine. It doesn't mean that you're in love with each other."

"Fist of all," Alana sat up straighter in order to execute her point better. "You took that out of context. Second of all, we're both straight. You and Evan are not. Third of all, you're already in love with Evan, so you're already halfway there." (woOAAAHH... sorry I'll leave)

I frowned and plopped down on her bed. "I never said I was in love with Evan."

"Stop lying to yourself, Jared."

"I hate you."

She smiled at me innocently then pulled out her laptop. "How about we make a plan where you don't have to do anything."

"What're you doing to do, make a whole PowerPoint presentation and show it to him?" I ask, eyeing the computer.

"No, stupid," she says before setting the laptop on the desk and turns it around to face me. The screen showed that she was calling Zoe on Skype.

"Really?"

"She's helping."

"She already knows, doesn't she?"

"Yep."

"Fuck."  I scoot over on the bed out the camera's sight just as Zoe answered the call.

"How many more times are you going to call me?" Zoe asked. "I got mom trying to call me every other minute too ya know."

"Doesn't matter, Jared's here again, and now we're going to help him make a plan of action." Alana motioned towards my original spot on the couch before realizing I wasn't on screen with her. "We're you go? Come back over here, doofus." 

Instead, I just extended my arm and flipped both of them off.

"I miss you too, Jared," Zoe says sarcastically.

"You were gone for a singular day."

"It was a long day, alright?"

"Yeah whatever, shut up." Alana cuts in, more towards me than Zoe. "We have a problem here that we need to solve."

"Would like to point out that I in no way encouraged this and I'm perfectly okay with doing absolutely nothing about said 'problem.'" I say in hopes that they'll actually take my thoughts into consideration for once.

"Of course you want to do something about the problem." And my hopes were crushed. "You like him, why wouldn't you want to try to make a move?" Alana asks.

"Cause I'm also chill just being friends with him."

Alana looked at me dumbfounded before saying, "You literally came back to talk to me cause you couldn't stop thinking about how much you like him."

"...ok good point."

"Exactly."

Zoe and Alana blast into a discussion about some plan to get me and Evan together, which I stopped listening to. I don't understand why they want to do it so fast, I mean, I realized I liked him this morning. I know that some people start dating without barley knowing each other, but shit.

Plus, there's still the possibility that Evan doesn't even like me. Whatever plan that they come up with might just end with both Evan and I being uncomfortable. But I know they're trying to be helpful, so I guess I'll try to go with whatever they want to do. And Alana's right, I do want to get closer to Evan.

"You got that Jared?" Alana asked pulling back into reality.

"Huh? Got what?" Alana sighed while Zoe laughed through the computer screen.

"You weren't paying attention at all, were you?" I shook my head, acting ashamed, but we all know I'm not.

"Alright, here's the plan: We make a 'romantic eventing' for you guys."

"A romantic evening? Seriously?" I ask, laughing.

"Let me finish. It's basically a date, except Evan doesn't know it's a date. Towards the end of the night, Evan gets to decide where it goes from there."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Evan makes the move, you don't," Zoe explained.

"What if he doesn't do anything?"

Alana answered, "Then that means he's not ready yet. It gives you guys more time to expand your relationship until he is ready. It's so you don't have to worry about rejection, cause he wouldn't be rejecting you."

"Or he's just absolutely oblivious to everything," Zoe said unhelpfully. Alana gave her a face that read 'Really?' but Zoe just shrugs. "I've literally dated him before. He's a very oblivious person."

"She has a point," I chip in.

"It doesn't matter," Alana says. "Hopefully, this will make Evan realize he likes you if he's just as stubborn as you are. Or, if he already knows he likes you, it will make him want to do something about it, too."

It's worth a shot, I guess. I don't have a better idea, so I might as well. Plus, it does give Evan a lot more freedom than just me going up to him and confessing would.

"So, what're we going to do for the 'romantic evening?' See a movie then go eat at a fancy dinner?" I say sarcastically, even though I'd honestly do whatever.

The two girls just ignored me before indulging in a brainstorming party on how to carry out the plan.

I zone out once again to contemplate my life choices for probably the 27th time in the past two days.

~~~

This is kinda cliché but hey most love stories are

You guys better be safe!!  imma beat you up if you're not (ง'̀-'́)ง

I watched a commercial yesterday of nurses from a hospital in my area singing a corona version of Jolene by Dolly Parton 

Covid, covid, covid nineteeeEEEen
Please just wash your haaaaands

Like what

It was pretty funny tho

Anyway, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the rest of the story

Sincerely, your favorite person with  baby hands,

Me