Part 3

The girl nervously looked at each one of them as she quickly searched for a plan to deal with the mess in her mind.

Okay, let's see. There's one... two... thee... four... Wait, there's four of them now?! Where'd the other one come from?

The three men in black suits and sunglasses looked built, tall, and vicious. Then there was a final man. He looked to be in his early twenties, but the three scary men showed respect towards him when he walked towards her and they stopped cornering her and returned to his side.

The final man was really handsome. He had short and slicked-back black hair, a pair of shining gold eyes, smooth wheat skin, a strong and defined nose, with sharp cheekbones and jawline. He looked down at her as a natural aura of domination oozed from his being. Rather than being oppressed by his aura, however, she found herself being lost in his eyes. While they seemed like the sun at first, golden and glorious, the longer one looked the closer they would resemble an abyss. Peering into ones soul and threatening to swallow them whole. He spoke with a deep voice.

"Who are you kidding by holding up that gun? Forget trying to shoot someone, can you even hold it steady?"

He was handsome, but his words cut like a knife. It wasn't as if he was wrong though, she was tired and she was hungry. The act of trying to hold up the gun was making her strength leave her rapidly and she was left with an exhausting amount of fatigue. What could she do anyways? He was right, who was she kidding? Even if she wasnt shaking so badly, she wouldnt be able to pull the trigger if it really came down to it.

A new life and this is how it ends huh? Sorry to who ever went out of their way to do this for me, but I really dont think it was in the cards for me.

She was tired. She didn't want to keep struggling. Why should she? It was much easier to just give up, then she wouldnt have to suffer as much as she did now.

At that moment, the girl looked up and met those golden eyes again. She saw their strength and stubbornness behind them and suddenly felt ashamed. How could she give up so easily? If she gave up now, everything she had worked for would be lost, and she had worked way too hard in her life for it to end like this.

Seemingly revitalized, she once again tried to find a way out of the situation. Her only option right now was a negotiation. She had nothing she could give him, but she did have her body.

"If, if you dont kill me, I will be willing to do whatever you want. I'm good at doing paperwork, organizing, cleaning, and will promise to remain loyal always."

The man seemed suprised by her sudden attempt at negotiating and his eyes flickered in amusement.

"And why should I spare you? I can easily buy a slave to do any of those tasks."

"Why would you? Slaves cost money, especially those that are good with management or paperwork, as they are usually fallen nobility. They are also unwilling to be subordinated and are therefore untrustworthy. I, however, am willingly offering myself to you and am free."

The three bodyguards raised their eyebrows at her fluent and persuasive words, while if the golden eyed man was suprised he had hidden it very well.

"Theres no guarantee that you are trustworthy, nor that you are not a spy. Why should I risk myself and accept you, rather than just shoot you down like a dog in the street?"

The girl was troubled. Indeed, the man was better off killing her, it would be the option she would choose as well if given this circumstance. But she couldnt accept this! She had to sell herself better!

"What if I'm just a gem amongst the rocks? Something waiting to be polished? Wouldnt people admire your discerning eyes once they learn of it? I promise I can be of use to you! If I fail to live up to these words I will personally end this insignificant life of mine!"

She made sure to convey all of her honesty to him, tears starting to form at the corner of her eyes from her desperation to save her life.

The man seemed moved by her words and turned around and walked back the way he came. The bodyguards put their guns back into their jackets and turned to follow him. Not hearing her follow him, he turned around with a frown.

"What, after saying those flowery words you have no intention of carrying them out?"

She shook her head frantically and ran over to him. He turned around and continued to walk. They entered the car ready for him and silence was the only thing filling the car.

"Zachary. Zachary Solace."

"What?"

The girl looked up at him quizzically. She then realized that it was his name and paled. Zachary Solace. The big boss and villain to a novel that she read: My Dearest King. The poor villain with the tragic ending and an even sadder past. He was her favorite character in the whole fucked up story. She saw this as her chance. Her chance to fulfill her promise to him and to become somebody he could appreciate. But above all, to become the person who would have him from his fate.