Part 16

(Okay, so it took about three weeks for Zachary to get his head out of his ass just a btw. This is happening after the last chapter. Just to clear up some potential confusion.)

Lorena was in a bind. She was running low on money. She had spent a month in an inn in Stoneway and combined with eating, it ate up all of the funds she brought. She would have to find a job. She crossed out working as a guard, working in the underworld, and basically anything her skills would be useful in.

Why? Simple. She was loyal to Zachary. Only him. That would never change. Even when he broke her heart into millions of pieces, she would never forget the vow she took the day he saved her. Lorena was a woman of her word. If she said she would do something, she would. 

Crossing those options off, she was left with the odd jobs. Waitress being the highest paying and easiest one. 

Waitress it is, I suppose. 

Lorena walked into the restaurant. Well, more like a pub. There were lots of burly men winding down from the day, drinking beer and eating grub. Nothing Lorena had ever seen before. Loud laughter would arise every now and again and the voices seemed to grow louder and louder, trying to be heard. 

Lorena walked up to the bar with the bartender who was cleaning glass in his hand. 

"Excuse me! I wanted to apply for the waitress job!"

Lorena spoke in a loud voice to be heard by him. The bartender looked at her. Eyed her up and down, and turned around. He shuffled a few things and threw her a uniform. 

"Get changed in the back. Spill anything and you're fired."

He was gruff and straight to the point. Just like he looked. She smiled at him and ran to the back to change. The outfit wasn't too bad... Except for the fact that the dress went to her mid-thighs and that the top of her chest was shown. She wasn't happy with it, but she endured. Any guy trying to get too handsy would be the first one to go flying. She might've been without money, but she wasn't without pride.

With that final thought, Lorena walked out of the staff room and immediately grabbed all of the men's attention. Lorena looked absolutely stunning. She had put her white hair in a simple yet messy bun, changed into her uniform which hugged her curves perfectly, and had simple black slip-on with knee-high white socks. 

"Hey, girl! Come bring these over!"

A yell broke everyone out of their shock. They all resumed talking and the inn was back to its boisterous self. Everyone looked at the new recruit out of the corner of their eyes though. 

Lorena walked over to the bar and put the drinks on her tray. She maneuvered through the crowd with ease and swiftly yet efficiently placed every drink to the correct customer. Nobody noticed him, but the bartender gave a nod of appreciation at her efficiency. If anyone of his friends had seen that, they would have fainted. The great indifferent Randel actually approved of someone?! That was simply unheard of!

Who knew how many waitresses had been scared off by him when he nitpicked their every action? Yet here was a girl, barely 23 years old, who got his approval. Everyone viewed Lorena in a new light after the first hour. Randel hadn't called her out or yelled at her about anything, and she did everything perfectly. Not to mention she was a beauty as well! 

The night went by in a flash and Lorena left with a happy heart and a full wallet. She was definitely coming back tomorrow! 

Three days had passed, and Lorena was now the center of attention in the inn and in the city. She knew everyone, and everyone knew her. As an information geek, she really had social skills. Three days and she knew basically everything there was to know about anyone in the city. Gossips, rumors, facts, she knew them all. Looking at it like this, one could see how much of a powerhouse she was. 

Lorena was serving tables one day, chatting with all of the regulars, when the door banged open. A handsome man came through with a figure in a cloak to his right. The man had stunning green eyes, black hair, and looked too much like Zachary for Lorena's liking. She preferred Zachary's stunning gold eyes as opposed to the other guy's green ones. 

Coming to the conclusion that he didn't hold a candle to her bos- Zachary, she went on with her life. As if she had never seen him. But the man had seen her. 

When he went into this shabby inn, he felt disgusted. Peasants were really peasants, weren't they? Couldn't even maintain a small inn such as this. Throughout all of this filth, however, he saw Lorena. She was like the beam of light in the room. Her shining white hair, radiant blue eyes, and stunning smile and laugh captured everyone's attention. She looked pure and was anything but.

He saw her look at him. He saw her mocking expression and her continuing as if he wasn't there and was enraged. He was used to women drooling over him. Did he not have a nice figure? Were his eyes not a stunning green color? Was he not a drool-worthy man? Yet this woman dared to ignore him! 

The servant to the side of the man saw he rage in his eyes and acted promptly. She walked up to Lorena and spoke very loudly and rudely.

"Young master wants you to serve him. Be upstairs in two minutes."

She arrogantly turned around and walked away. Lorena was stunned and speechless. Everyone else was too. Where did this maid get her confidence from? Her master? Who was he? Probably a pampered youth who thought himself better than them. Immediately, the young master was put on their blacklists in their hearts. Everything went back to normal.