Part 26

Deciding that they were going to take down the Garrula family, they quickly started to discuss how they were going to do it. Lorena wanted to do it directly. She wanted to sneak in at night and slaughter them all in their sleep. Bringing a sizable squad, of course. She even entertained the thought of kidnapping them and testing out torture methods out on them but decided it was a bit overkill. 

Zachary quickly shut down her idea, however. He said that he didn't want her to get hurt in any way and that there was too high a probability she would get hurt. She thought the same would apply to Zachary and they both ended up tossing the idea. The Garrula family would get off easy if they went that route anyway. 

That only left taking an indirect approach. Being the players pushing around their pawns. The thought thrilled Lorena and Zachary decided she wouldn't be able to get hurt if other people were doing the work for them. 

"We have to hit them hard. We'll make it quick and fast. They won't even know what hit them."

Lorena smiled and had a determined glint in her eyes as she spoke. Zachary loved this side of Lorena. Before, she strictly maintained a subordinate boss relationship. She was also distant to him. Now, she was showing her true colors, and he could say that they were vibrant. The look she would get in her eyes every time she thought of something important. The bright smile she reserved only for him. The way she separates her meat far away from her vegetables so it doesn't get any of the blood on them. It seemed as if she was engraved onto his soul. Every little detail about her stuck with him. It scared and thrilled him at the same time. 

A soft feeling on his cheek broke him out of his reverie. Lorena was smiling at him, the smile meant only for him. 

"You were spacing out."

"Just thinking of you."

His reply made her blush and she coughed to try and cover it up. He smiled, genuinely smiled. He hadn't done that in so long, yet he felt as if he had been doing it a lot recently. It made him happy. He felt alive again. Not like a demon hellbent on chasing a flimsy goal. 

Lorena quickly picked up her momentum once more.

"Okay, so I have a plan. Wanna hear it?"

He nodded and she proceeded to share. It was a great plan, and by the end of it, the Garrula family would be no more. Both its members and its reputation would be six feet under. 

"So let's get started!"

Three years later.

Lorena and Zachary were excited. Three years after deciding to take down the Garrula family and devising a plan, they had set it up to near perfection. All they needed was for them to take the bait. Reina Garrula's shops had been steadily increasing in popularity and was now well known to other countries. This made Lorena and Zachary change their plans, but it would still work. 

The Spring Festival was going to start in two days. From then, it would continue for a week. After that one week, if all went according to plan, the Garrula family would be destroyed. Lorena smiled evilly at the thought. Two arms snaked around her waist and she felt a strong and sturdy body press against her back. 

"What are you thinking about you little vixen?"

Zachary whispered into her ear. She turned to him.

"Oh, nothing. Just how excited I am for these two days to pass."

"Mmm, me too."

They stayed like that, holding each other as they looked outside. Nobody knew what was about to happen during the annual Spring Festival this year. But if they did, they wouldn't have done anything to stop it.