16 | Chapter Sixteen

B O N N I E

"I have to tell you something," Olivia admits, gazing down at the ground, avoiding my stare. I sense the nervous energy emitting from her, causing me to worry. Something must seriously be wrong for her to be acting this way.

"Okay, what's up?"

She stands there, not moving. I'm not entirely sure that she's even breathing until she groans and meets my stare. "Scott and I, we uh;" she takes in a breath before continuing, her big brown innocent eyes now peering up at me, "we may have kissed a few times," she blurts it out so fast I nearly miss the entire admission.

My jaw hits the floor, and Olivia steps back slightly in shock. Or maybe fear? Either way, did I hear her right? My two best friends have been making out, and I had no idea?!

"You what!?" I gasp, panic filling Olivia's eyes as her hand fly's up to cover my mouth from gaping open.

"Shhhh!" she whispers, not wanting any unnecessary attention on us right now.

"Let's go somewhere more private, so I can explain everything to you," her eyes begging for me to agree, so I do, following her lead as she drags me along behind her.

We end up in an empty classroom; I take a seat at the desk closest to the door as Olivia glances outside into the hallway, checking that no one saw us before pulling it closed behind her.

"Okay, please explain how my two best friends have been making out behind my back, and I had no idea?" I question, confused, but not so much annoyed.

She turns to face me, and there's no hiding her distress now. It's written all over that beautiful face of hers, and I can't be annoyed at her, not that I had any right to be. Olivia and Scott are my best friends. That doesn't mean they can't have feelings for each other. I sigh, calming myself down so I don't freak her out any more than she already is.

"It started two weeks ago after Scott dropped me home one night after a party at Northview." she started, and I remember that night all too well, but I didn't notice anything strange going on between the two of them. I guess I really am oblivious.

"We had already dropped you home, which was weird because usually, he drops me off first."

"And I was too tired to think much of it," I nod, encouraging her to continue.

"When we got to my house, he turned off his car. I could sense something was different. I wasn't sure what it was at that point, but I could feel it."

I sit there listening to Olivia intently as she tells me her story, trying to replay that night over in my head. Nothing seemed off to me about their behaviors towards each other. Surely there had to be signs I didn't pick up on?

"He looked over at me, and I knew he could feel it too. Nothing happened that night, but that is when all of this started."

Trying to take all of this in, I think back to all the flirtatious jokes between them, and it was making sense. It was in front of my face this entire time. I just never put two and two together.

"So, who made the first move?" I ask, the alarm in her expression slowly fading. I know getting this off her chest was a relief. She was probably so worried about how I would feel, how annoyed I would be.

I want nothing but happiness for them both, even if that means them being together. Honestly, I couldn't think of anyone better for Olivia. Scott is amazing.

"Scott did," she replies, a subtle smile spreading across her face.

I've never seen Olivia blush like this over a guy before; she is always so in charge of her emotions. Seeing that light pink brushing over her cheeks assured me she was serious about this, serious about Scott and her feelings for him.