24 | Chapter Twety Four

B O N N I E 

We both frantically start grabbing for each other, desperate to get as close as we can in the front seat of his car. I climb over the center console and rest myself in his lap. His hands trace along my hips and down to my ass, grinding me into him urgently. 

"Josh," I gasp, and he pulls back, both of us breathing so heavily the car's windows fog. I stare down at him. His smirk is back in place, just the way I like it. "What are we doing?" I breathe out, and he chuckles, pulling me closer to him again. "Exactly what we want to do, BonBon."

He plants a light kiss on my lips, then kisses down my neck. I lean my head back, giving him better access, and grin. This is exactly what we both need. "I missed you so much, Bonnie, you don't even know," his breathy words causing me to moan in response.

"Get a room!" we heard someone yell from a passing car, and we both stiffen before bursting out into laughter. For a second, I think we both forgot where we were, and that it was still daytime, so we were giving the cars passing by a free show. Whoops.

I lift myself off of him and climb back into my seat. Both of us are smiling so big we laugh again. All the anger from earlier was simply gone. "That was, uh," I drift off, unable to find the words to describe whatever had just happened. "Amazing? Incredible?" he finished for me, and I smile, melting at the sound of his voice. 

What is happening to me?!

He sighs, and I look over at him. He looks distressed. "Josh, you know I'm here if you need to talk."

"I have your letters," he blurts out, and I frown at him. I knew he found them, but I didn't know he stole them. "Why do you have them? I haven't read them yet," I get defensive, and he must sense that because he looks over at me with a devilish smirk. I really hate it when he gets that look. Whatever he is about to say, I'm not going to like it.

"I'm holding them hostage," he states, and my mouth falls open. "Why would you do that?!" I shriek, frantically looking around the car, trying to find where he stashed them. No doubt he has them here somewhere, I just need to find them and make my escape.

"Bonnie," he chuckles, but I don't stop tearing apart his glove box. "Bonnie, stop." he grabs onto my arms, holding them still. I look over at him and scowl. Why would he do that? He was the one who so desperately wanted me to find these stupid letters. Now he's going to keep them hidden from me? It makes no sense.

"I'm going to make a deal with you." I roll my eyes. Here we go.

"Oh, come on, don't be like that before you even hear my deal." I raise an eyebrow, and he scoffs, winking at me. "I want to take you out on a date," he shrugs, and I sit back into my seat, watching him as I wait for the rest of the plan. That surely can't be it.

"And?" I say, waiting for him to continue. "And, that's it, I want to take you out on a date."

I still don't understand how me going on a date with him relates to him holding my letters hostage. "Okay, if I agree to go on this date with you, do I get my letters back?" he nods, and I relax. Let's be honest, going on a date with Josh isn't really a punishment, but I'll pretend it is. 

"Great, let's get you home then." He pulls back out into the road, and I watch him contentedly. Still amazed at how we went from anger, to lust, to comfortable silence in a matter on minutes. I can see the sadness behind his eyes still, but if hanging out and going on dates will help ease that pain, of course, I'll do it. I'd do anything to make him smile.

***

"What the hell, Bonnie!" Liv screams down the phone at me, and I groan. "I know I'm sorry. I tried to message you, but I got distracted."

"Distracted by Josh's mouth? I don't blame you for that," her laughter echos through the phone, and I smirk. Sometimes I think Olivia is more in love with Josh than I am, but then I see the way she looks at Scott, and I feel so stupid for never seeing it before now.

"So, you're going on a date with him, and you two made out in his car?" she repeats for the hundredth time. I rang Olivia the second I got home, needing to tell someone what had just happened. I still couldn't make sense of our make-out session, but I know Olivia could talk me through it.

"You're a very busy girl, Bonnie." I chuckle. I didn't tell Olivia about my mom and Josh's dad, I don't think the time is right just yet. I want to let things settle between Josh and I before I drag anyone else into it. 

"When is this date? We need to go shopping before then!" Shopping with Olivia is always a terrible idea. That girl could spend twelve hours straight shopping and never take a break. I can hardly handle more than twenty minutes in a mall.

"He didn't say, I don't know what he has planned, Liv." 

"Who cares, just look hot and knock his socks off!" God, she's adorable. I am lucky to have her. "Speaking of hot, you and Scott are adorable, but you make me sick." I tease, which earns a "hey!" from Olivia. We both fall into laughter.

"I'm happy for you, Liv, for you and Scott." 

"Thanks, Bon, and I'm happy for you now that Josh is back! And we can forget about stupid Skylar." I sigh because I hadn't thought about him in a few days and it felt amazing. Josh being home was an enormous distraction for me, but I don't want to think of him that way. I don't want to use him as a rebound, even though I know how I feel about him. 

"Are you sure you're okay though, Bon?" she asks quietly, "you haven't been yourself lately and I know something is going on." 

I wish she didn't know me so well sometimes, but I love her for that. Sometimes I think Liv and I were separated at birth because that's how it feels with her. She is my other half, my best friend, my sister. 

"I'm okay, I was just going through a lot with Skylar and then Josh, that's all." It isn't a lie, but I feel horrible keeping things from her. I know it's the right thing to do though, so I keep telling myself that to cover the guilt. 

"Well, you're coming to a party with Scott and I Friday night, kay?" she turns the somber mood of our conversation around, "a party? Seriously." I know she is nodding, forgetting she is on the phone with me and that I can't see her, "yep, you don't have a choice."

"Where is the party?"

"The frat house," I cut her off, "Axel's frat house?" I question because I'm confused. I thought she and Axel were done, which meant we were done with frat parties. "Thats the one," she says so casually, like it isn't a weird thing to do. 

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I ask, because I sure as hell don't.

"Yep, and you know why?"

"Why?"

"Josh is in that frat too." I roll my eyes. She didn't need to try to set me up with Josh anymore. I've done a good job of that myself, but I guess going to a party and seeing him isn't a bad idea. I just hope Axel is okay with it. He was a nice guy and I don't want to see him hurt. He always was a huge flirt and I don't know how serious he was about Liv, but she's hard not to fall in love with.

"Fine, I'll come, but I'm going to tell Josh."

Two hours later, I crawl into bed and reach for my phone. There's no missed messages or anything, so I open up my last message to Josh and start typing.

"Apparently I'm being forced to come to a party at your frat this Friday, will you be there?"

I stare at my phone and wait for a reply. I think to check out my window to see if his bedroom light is on, but then I remember he hasn't been staying with his dad since he found out about the affair. The three dots appear and seconds later so does a message from him.

"If you're there, I'm there."