34 | Chapter Thirty Four

B O N N I E

"Hey babe," Scott smiles big at Liv, but she crosses her arms and frowns at him. "Don't hey babe me!" Scott cackles like a crazy man, and this only angers Olivia more. I swear I can almost hear the grinding of her teeth as she stares daggers at Scott. Elly, Scott's cousin, looks from Liv to Scott over and over again. She's clearly confused.

"Who is that?" Liv shoves an accusing finger in Elly's direction, and Elly rolls her eyes. She lifts her beer to her lips and takes a sip, a conniving smirk on her face. God, even I hate her. She may be Scott's cousin, but she throws off complete bitch vibes.

Maybe that's why Scott wanted to keep her away from Olivia.

"Liv, this is Elly, my cousin."

"Cousin?" Liv questions, her frown slowly disappearing, but her lips are stuck in a straight line. I warned Scott this might happen, that his little revenge plan might make things worse, but he didn't listen.

"What's going on?" the familiar drawl comes from behind me as a hand moves around my waist and pulling me back into him. "Scott and Liv are fighting because Scott is hanging out with Elly behind Liv's back," Josh chuckles and spins me to face him, "I didn't know Scott and Elly knew each other," I shrug, "she's his cousin."

"Right, well, can I steal you away for a few minutes?" he smirks down at me, and I blush. Every time he smiles at me like that, I feel hot for so many reasons. I look over my shoulder to see Elly and Liv talking. They seem amicable enough, so I'm sure they'll be okay if I run off for a bit.

"Sure, but I need to come back soon and make sure Liv hasn't killed anyone."

He pulls me into a dark room, and I stop breathing. I'm not afraid of the dark or being alone with Josh, but knowing it was just us in here was intimidating. He is in college, and I'm still a senior in High School. He isn't that much older than me, but I know damn well he is more experienced than I am.

"Are you okay?" He looks down at me with concern. I could never hide my feelings well. "Yeah," I breathe out, and he sighs, "Bonnie, I didn't bring you in here for anything you didn't want."

"I just wanted a quiet moment alone with you, completely g rated, I swear." He chuckles, and I fall into him, he catches me and wraps his arms around me, holding me tight. "So, I have our next date planned," this piques my interest, and I grin up at him. "Oh, do you now?"

He nods excitedly, and I laugh. "Does this mean I get more letters?"

"Yes, but it also means you get to hang out with me some more," he winks, and I melt. Of course, I do, how could I not?

When we were younger, I always had a crush on Josh, but I never imagined how he would be when he grew up. I always knew he was handsome; it was his smile that did it for me. As he got older in the years before he moved away, girls also noticed his looks, and that upset me, but it didn't upset him.

In school, I was known as his sister, which the thought of that makes me shudder now. We came so close to that being a reality and god; it makes me feel sick.

"What's going on inside that pretty brain of yours?" Josh asks, pulling my thoughts out of the past and back to him. "Just thinking about you and how much of a man whore you were in school," his mouth falls open in shock, and I giggle. He knows he was, shit, even he was even proud of it back then.

"I only did that to make you jealous, but you never seemed to care."

"I cared!" I blurt out, and he smirks at me, "oh, did you?" Groaning, I smirk back at him. "Don't play stupid, you know I was so in love with you, even then." His smile falls replaced with a stern and unreadable expression.

"Are you trying to tell me you're in love with me, BonBon?"

"You know I am," I say in barely a whisper, and he sighs. "Please say yes to my date, we need to get through these dates so you can finally let me call you mine."

Mine.

Knowing he wants that makes my heart flutter. All I want is for things to be easy and that Josh and I can be together, but it's never that simple. We have so much history that we need to work through before that can happen, and the fact he is trying so hard to work through it with me shows how much he cares.

"Where is our next date?" I ask, but he shakes his head at me with a huge grin. "You'll just have to wait and see."

"Bonnie?" I hear Liv screaming outside the door, and I sigh, falling against his chest. "Thats my cue to go," I peer up at him with sad eyes and my best pout. He chuckles and places a soft kiss on my forehead, hugging me to him for just a second longer.

"Go, I'll come pick you up tomorrow afternoon for our date."

"What time?"

"And what do I wear?" He likes to keep me guessing, but I need to know the occasion, at least. Last time he told me to dress warmly, but I didn't know just how warm and that was a mistake. Luckily he thought far ahead enough to bring extra clothing for me, though.

"Wear anything, this time it won't be so cold," I smirk and lean up to kiss him, then the door creeps open, "Bon?" Liv whispers. "In here, but you already know that." I hear her giggles as she steps back from the door and into the hallway, "I'll see you tomorrow, BonBon," he winks, and I reluctantly leave.

***

"Okay, so how did that go?" I ask Liv, the enormous smile on her face tells me it went well though. "She was his cousin," I chuckle, "so he was telling the truth," I mumble under my breath, and she smacks my arm so hard I flinch from the pain. "You knew!?" she screams, and I throw my hands up in defense and can't help myself, I burst out laughing.

"Yeah, I knew, I'm sorry." She crosses her arms and scowls at me, but I know she isn't mad at me, she never can be.

"You're the worst best friend, did you know that?" she retorts, and I wink at her, taking a note out of Josh's book. "So, what were you two doing in there?" she asks after a few minutes of silence. "Nothing, he just wanted to be alone with me somewhere quiet for a few seconds." I smile but try to hide it from her, I don't want her to see how smitten I am with him.

"He has another date planned for us tomorrow, but he won't tell me where we're going," I shrug as if it was nothing special. Of course, I know a guy planning surprise dates is something every girl dreams of, but I play it off as if I don't care.

"That is so romantic and so surprising. He doesn't seem like the type to put in the effort for any girl."

"I guess I'm different."

"Please don't start with the I'm not like other girls bullshit." We both burst out laughing.

"Oh, let's go get ice cream!" Liv exclaims when she sees an Ice cream on a billboard we pass.

***

"This was a great idea!" Liv says around mouth fulls of mint chocolate chip ice cream. I chose to be boring and just get chocolate.

"So are you going to tell me why Scott didn't come home with us?" she rolls her eyes and takes another bite before answering me. "He wanted to stay and hang out with Elly for a bit, so I said I'd give him space and not be so overbearing." I smile at her, "that's so mature of you, Liv, I'm proud." I tease, and she scoffs at me.

"Hey Bon," I hear a familiar voice and look over my shoulder to find Sky standing there, a reluctant smile on his face.

"What do you want?" Liv retorts, scowling at him with her best angry face. I want to laugh at her, but the sight of him and the sound of his voice makes me want to cry. I know we aren't together anymore, and I've moved on, but it still hurts what happened between us.

"Can we talk?" he asks, and I shrug, "why?"

"Please, Bon, I just want to explain a few things so we can both get closure."