38 | Chapter Thirty Eight

B O N N I E

Monday morning, I dread dragging myself up and out of bed. Yesterday, I ignored all of Josh and Olivia's calls, not in the mood to talk to either of them. But today, I don't have a chance in hell of avoiding Olivia. That girl will hunt me down, no matter how hard I try to hide.

I walk over to my mirror and frown at myself. My eyes are all puffy and red. I look like shit and feel like it, too. Today is going to blow.

Begrudgingly, I got dressed and headed downstairs to find something to eat. Mom is sitting at the table with her morning coffee. She looks up at me and smiles, "Ah, you've emerged. Welcome." I roll my eyes at her and grunt my good morning.

"Did you need a ride to school today?" she questions, and I shake my head. "No, I'll walk, I need it." She shrugs, "whatever, suit yourself. But don't be late."

I eat my toast and leave the house. I look over at Josh's house to see if he was still home, but his car isn't in the driveway. I sigh, relieved I don't have to face him today. I left early this morning, so I didn't have to run the entire way, and also to avoid Olivia trying to pick me up from my house.

The streets are quiet, a few cars drive past, and I enjoy the peace. Until an all too familiar car pulls up beside me, my pretty best friend hanging out of the car window. "What the fuck are you doing, Bon?"

"Since when do you walk?" she laughs, and I want to smile at her, but I can't. "Since I don't want to be around you or Scott." Her mouth falls open in shock. "What did I do?"

"You are dating the traitor." I retorted, crossing my arms and walking off down the street again. "Bonnie, wait up." I hear the car door close, and Liv runs up, falling in step beside me. "Scott told me what happened, but it doesn't make sense." She reaches out, grabbing my arm, and I stop, turning to face her.

"Look," I grab my phone out and pull up the message, handing my phone to her. "Watch that."

I watch her intently after she hits play, waiting for the moment realization hits her, "why the fuck is she touching him like that!" she growls, and I grab my phone back, "See, I told you," but then I glance down at my phone and see she has paused it on the part where SeReNa is leaning against Scott.

"Ugh, Liv, keep watching." I press play and hold the phone up for her to see. She watches as Serena moves from leaning on Scott to climbing into Josh's lap. Her eyes widen, and she looks up at me, shocked.

"Who is this bitch?" she snaps, "all I know is her name is Serena, and both of our boyfriends seem pretty friendly with her."

"Boyfriend, hey?" she teases, and I roll my eyes, "that isn't the point Liv." She sighs  and turns to the car, screaming out, "Scott! Get here now!" I watch as Scott slides out of the car and walks over to us.

"What did I do now?" he directs the question at me, but I know he's talking to Liv. "Have you seen this?" Liv asks him, shoving my phone into his hands. "No, what is it?" he says, taking my phone and looking between us all confused.

"Just watch it," Liv hits play, and Scott moves his attention back to the video. We watch him in silence as he takes in the scene, he frowns down at my phone like it was offending him. "That isn't what happened, Bon." He looks up at me with pleading eyes, "I was there, I know."

He sighs, handing my phone back to me and shakes his head. "Trust me; he pushes that girl off of him a second after he sat down."

"You really think I'd let him do that to you?" The pain in his voice hurts; the way I spoke to him wasn't fair at all. I knew deep down he wouldn't do that to me, but I let my thoughts get the better of me.

"I'm sorry Scott," I step forward and wrap my arms around his waist, forcing him into a hug. He reluctantly wraps his arms around me and squeezes lightly. "It's okay, Bon, just don't do that again. You're scary when you're angry," he chuckles, and I grin up him, "I love you, did you know that?" he smiles down at me and I feel an arm snake between us.

"Okay, kids, that's enough love for one morning," Liv squeezes in between us, and we all pull away laughing. "Now, will you get in the car? We're going to be late."

***

I stare at the clock on the wall, counting down the minutes until the final bell sounds.

When the bell chimes, the surrounding students all jump to their feet, scampering for the door. I hold back for a minute, not wanting to get trampled today, or any day.

I walk out into the corridor and find Olivia leaning against the opposite wall with a massive grin on her face. "What are you smiling about?" I groan, and she shrugs, skipping towards me and links her arm with mine.

We head towards the exit, and I glance over at her; she's still smirking from ear to ear. "What is it?" I ask again, "Boyfriend, hey?" she winks at me, and I instantly regret asking. "Not this again," I grumble and take my arm back from her hold.

"Hey, you said it, not me," she teases, and I ignore her. We push the doors open and head towards the parking lot. Olivia spots Josh before I do and nudges me, "speak of the devil," I can't hide my smile anymore.

"Hey," I say, walking towards him, he beams at me, and I blush, "Hey you," Olivia winks at him, and I shove her. "Stop it," I whisper, and Josh looks at us, bewildered and chuckles. "What are those?" I nod at his hand, and he hands me a packet of mixed m & ms.

"Oh, how did you know?" Olivia takes the packet from him, and I smack her arm, snatching it from her grasp. "Why do you have m & ms?" Liv asks him, and he shrugs. "Bonnie said she wasn't feeling well because of her period," Liv chuckles at him and glances at me. "No, she's not."

"What?" he says, looking between her and me, I sigh and decide I have to come clean. "I lied about my period; I just didn't want to see you." His smile falls, and he frowns at me, "why didn't you want to see me?"

"That isn't what I meant," I say, shaking my head. "She saw the video, duh," Liv says before I get the chance.

"What video?"

I groan, passing my phone to him. "Watch that."

We stand there once again, watching as Josh hits play and stares down at the video. His frown grows deeper with every second, and the moment I know he realized what's happened, his eyes shoot up to meet mine.

"Bonnie, this isn't what you think," he passes my phone back, and I sigh. "I know that now, but I didn't the other day."

He reaches out for my hand and pulls me to him. "Who sent this to you?" he asks, and I shrug, "I don't know."

"Oh, let me search the number on my phone," Liv takes my phone from me. "Why would you have their number?" I turn to her, "you never know, I know a lot of people." She isn't wrong, I let her search and wait for her to come up empty-handed, but her gasp catches me off guard.

"What is it?" I ask, a little scared to hear her response now. Her eyes are wide, and she slowly looks up, glancing from Josh and then back to me.

"I know who it is.." she trails off, "who?" Josh asks impatiently.

"Axel."

I