35 | Chapter Thirty Five

B O N N I E

I groan and glare up at him, "you want closure? Are you kidding me?" I scoff, and he looks defeated. I'm glad he feels that way. He deserves to know how much he hurt me. Closure, is he serious?

"Please," he begs again, and I stand, rolling my eyes and turn to face him. "You get two minutes, and you better make it count."

I walk outside to the curb, and Sky follows me silently. His footsteps echo down the empty street. "Alright, go on." I cross my arms over my chest and frown at him. He sighs and refuses to meet my eyes. "I didn't cheat on you," he says on a whisper. "Seriously?" I question, and he perks up a little.

"Yeah, seriously. I would never cheat on you."

"I don't believe you, Sky. Look how fast you moved on!" I scream, and he takes a step back on a gasp. He's never seen me this angry before, so I guess it's surprising to him I'm sticking up for myself, for once.

"I swear that day you saw me; it wasn't what you thought."

"I really don't care anymore, Sky. Is that all you wanted to tell me? So you can make yourself feel better?" I laugh; I can't help it. If he spoke to me about this a few weeks ago, I would've broken down and probably begged for him back. Now, though, I know my worth. I know I deserve better than him and the way he left me.

"Look, I can accept that you just don't feel that way about me anymore, Sky. That's fine. But don't lie to me. I saw you with her." His eyes drop, and he looks genuinely sad. I know he loved me at one point, and I loved him, but that doesn't make any of this easier. It makes it harder.

"Look, how about we just agree to say goodbye, good luck and move on," he nods his head in agreement. "I'm sorry, Bon, I never meant to hurt you."

I walk back inside and find Olivia up against the window watching Sky as he leaves and I chuckle; she looks like she wants to kill him. "Are you okay?" she asks cautiously, and I nod, there's nothing I can really say.

"I hate him so much, always did," Liv grumbles, but I know that isn't true. There was a time when Sky was her best friend too, and, sadly, it's like he never existed in our world now, but that's just the way it is.

"Can we go now?" I ask, I just want to sleep and forget that ever happened.

***

"Where are you going?" Mom asks as she watches me get ready for another date with Josh. "Josh is taking me... somewhere?" I say, and she raises a brow at me. "You don't know where he's taking you?" she chuckles to herself, "of course, he's trying to woo you." I almost spit out the water I was sipping on, and stare at her with wide eyes.

"Woo me? Who even says that anymore," we both laugh, and she walks in to sit at the end of my bed. Things have been good between mom and me in the last few days. She isn't hiding her friendship with Josh's dad from me anymore, and I appreciate that. It's still hard to look past the fact they had an affair, but I can understand her being there for him now.

"Yeah, is he trying to court you?" I chuckle and shake my head, "Mom, stop." She smirks at me and giggles to herself. "I'm happy you two have made up and are close again, it makes me very happy to see." I smile and sigh, sitting down beside her on the bed.

"How is Mitch?" I ask, and she shrugs, "he's doing good, but getting very bored being stuck at home."

"I'm glad he has you to look after him," she smiles but it doesn't meet her eyes, I know she still cares for him, it's so obvious.

"Mom, can I ask you something?" she looks over at me and gives me a small smile, "of course, you can ask me anything." I take in a deep breath, knowing what I'm about to say might ruin any progress we have made the last few days.

"Are you not dating Mitch because of Josh and me?" her smile falls replaced with a frown, "oh Bonnie, no." she closes her eyes and sighs, "things have always been complicated with Mitch and me, it's just easier if we remain friends. Trust me, it has nothing to do with you and Josh."

My phone vibrates on the bed behind us, and I reach back to grab it, "its Josh," I say, and mom takes that as her escape. "You two have fun," she walks out of my room with a  genuine smile on her face.

"Hey, I'll be there soon. Are you super excited for our date?"

I laugh at his message; he is so cocky it annoys me sometimes, but then it can also be very endearing.

"Soooooo excited, obviously."

Ten minutes later, I am sliding into the passenger seat of Josh's car. "Oh, Bonnie," Josh says, leaning his head back on his headrest and closing his eyes. "What?" I say, confused. Is what I wore, not okay? "Are you purposely trying to kill me?" he teases now, smirking at me.

"No, but if you keep being so annoying, I might have to kill you." He laughs and places his palm on my thigh. I wore my favorite jean shorts today, and now I'm thinking that was a bad idea. The warmth from his palm sends goosebumps to dance all over my body.

"Where are we going?" I ask, needing a distraction from the feel of his hand on me.

"It's a surprise, BonBon; you know that."

Twenty minutes later, we pull up outside an Aquarium. "Oh, shut up!" I scream so excitedly. He knows how much I love sharks, and if he is taking me here to see or even swim with them?! I think I might have to propose to him. He chuckles and turns to face me.

"So you're excited about this?" he asks, and I scoff at him, "are you kidding me? You know I am."

"Well come on then, let's go."

We walk inside hand in hand, and I have a skip to my step. I am so excited to find the sharks, and he knows that. He pulls out his phone to check the time and smirks to himself. "Perfect, we are right on time."

"On time for what?" I ask, praying it's what I'm thinking.

"You, my BonBon, are going to swim with the sharks." My mouth falls open, and I rip my hand from his hold. "You can't be serious!" I scream, bouncing with joy, and he laughs, nodding his head. "I am so serious Bon, I know you've always wanted to do this, so here we are."

I throw myself at him and wrap my arms around his waist, "thank you, thank you!" I mumble into his chest; my cheeks are hurting from all this smiling. "Are you coming with me?" I ask, looking up at him and he smiles. "As if I'm going to let you swim with sharks alone."

Half an hour later, we are both dressed and ready for the dive. The nerves are building, but I can't tell if it's actually nerves or excitement. Swimming with sharks has always been on my bucket list, and Josh remembered that. I haven't spoken to him about sharks in years, and he still remembers.

When we were younger, I used to force him to watch shark movies, shark videos, shark documentaries, anything shark related, and he hated it. So the fact he is willing to swim with the sharks now just to make me happy... it tells me everything I need to know about the way he feels about me.

"You ready for this?" he says, glancing around at the instructors and equipment surrounding us, "I was born ready.

If you're enjoy