New Life

I slowly opened my eyes. I'm in my bed in my hut in the forest, waking to the natural morning light. I climbed out of bed and yawned. Despite being a bounty huntress, I still have a relatively relaxing life. I rest assured that my three tamed wolves, Thunderstorm, Rainstorm and Snowstorm, will guard me while I sleep. Or if they can't defeat the invader, Thunderstorm's bark will be enough to wake me, it's part of the reason why I named him Thunderstorm. Either that or I'd hear Jet's panicked neigh and the sound of him bolting.

I lazily walked over my chests, grabbed some wheat, and made bread. I grabbed a few pieces of raw meat for the wolves and proceeded outside.

Just as expected, Thunderstorm barked in excitement when I came over with the meat, Rainstorm ran over to me and nuzzled my foot and Snowstorm yipped and hopped around. I love how the wolves are always by my side, even if my only real friends are not. I threw them the meat and walked back in my hut. I sat down on the chair to my table and sighed. There's nothing on the table except for my hands and a photo frame that contains a photo.

The photo showed me and Rain in the Frostbourne camp. Stella took it for us. I stared at it for a while. It's the right choice, leaving the Frostbourne. I found my wolves, I am happy for once in my life since Herobrine, but it didn't come with a cost.

I left all my human friends behind. I left everyone behind. I put my bread on the side and buried my face in my arms. I cried, the voice of my sobbing muffled by my arms. Time doesn't dull pain, at least not in my case. Rainstorm walked in, he's a wonder. He can always tell when I'm sad, or when I'm crying. He can sense my emotions somehow. when I'm happy, he bounds around and be so lively he makes me laugh. When I'm sad, he nuzzles me and demands a cuddle. I always do, and I cry into his fur.

Like what I am doing now.

"Th-thanks," I said, voice shaky. A small smile broke out on my face.

"Come on, let's check the mail," I said, grabbing my bow, quiver and the two swords that hang on my side, sheathed. I gathered up myself and whistled, the other two wolves bounded to my side. I walked down the seemingly endless and identical trees to the tall, stripped birch in the front of the forest that I use as a mailbox. Any mail sent to me is supposed to be nailed to the tree. I walked over and found a single piece of paper nailed to it. Strange, I normally have the whole tree pinned full of requests of bounty hunting. And yeah, I was known for my efficiency. I'm kinda like a mercenary, only I don't only hunt for money.

"Huh, Pay: triple the amount of gold you have. Meet me at Goldmine, the Sales Building, 20th floor. No note on the target, no anything. Smart guy, let's do this," I said to my wolves, they bounded up and down, excited for some sport. I bring them on regular hunts on zombies and such, but they love action, and the zombies normally flee. I don't let them hunt skeletons often, their bows make them even more dangerous than the zombies.

I saddled Jet and galloped away. I know the wolves will teleport when I get far enough, some sort of witchcraft that was set in this world maybe.

"Next errand, unknown target!" I said and set Jet towards Goldmine.