Continuing the Mission in the Nether

Author's Note:

Sup, as some of you might know, I have my own Skindex account. And yes I'm promoting, but the skins I mostly make are for Wattpad uses!

So basically every single original character that will be important/I just feel like adding him/her in this series and all my other series will be made into a skin in that account, so if you want to see what the character looks like as a skin, feel free to look. Although it might be awkward if I accidentally run into you using one of my skins in a server, I welcome you to use it if you want to.

And the username for the account is OceanicDragonet.

Warning: Might contain spoilers for future plans, enter at your own risk.

~Iris

Post Author Note:

The above a/n is still valid, link to it is in my profile.

________________________________________________________________________________

After a few days of walking and trekking through the Netherrack Fields, we arrived at a lava lake, which we swam across with the Fire Resistance potions Stella gave us beforehand. Thank her for that.

Then it took a few more days of walking through Netherrack Hills, Quartz Mines, Abandoned Nether Villages... before we even see any signs of inhabited places.

And we're lucky because the inhabited place we found is Naeus's fortress.

I let out a breath of relief, "We found it, and right when my cramped writing won't fill the map anymore." Rain let out a chuckle.

We silently sneaked around the fortress, keeping out of sight of any guards that might come. And it soon became clear that it's impossible to enter the fortress without at least alerting some guards. We decided to sneak in by breaching the least guarded spot of the fortress, which we discovered as the Netherwart farm.

I shot a Wither Skeleton, the arrow piercing the Pigman behind it along with its intended victim. A blaze lit itself on fire in alarm, looking frantically for me. I responded with an arrow through its head.

"Your aim improved," Rain observed.

"I had to," I said, "Or else how did I survive in a forest where pretty much everything hostile spawns at night?"

"Isn't that everywhere?" Rain asked. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Come on," I said, sneaking over lightly. Maybe I shouldn't have worn my armor since it clanks and when I teleport with it, it makes a sound. But I should manage, since literally nobody alive and loyal to Naeus is around, stealth really didn't matter.

"Look," Rain pointed at a note in an almost empty room. I frowned, why would there be a note lying around on a table?

"I guess we can take it...?" I suggested, voice uncertain. It feels like a trap, a very obvious trap.

"Might be a trap," Rain pointed out.

"It's a dead-end over here. The only way we'll get anywhere is either back out, or through that door over there," I retorted, pointing at a door at the end of the almost empty room.

"So we have no choice," Rain said. And I nodded.

"Uh huh. You coming?" I asked, preparing to go in.

"Yeah," Rain said, and he drew his swords. I walked in cautiously, keeping my bow nocked.

As both of us expected, there's a trap.

The first hint was a fireball hurled through an open window in the room, which Rain quickly deflected. From a wail outside, I assume Rain had made the fireball's sender taste its own medicine.

"Well, you're right. It's a trap," I said and turned towards the corridor which we came through. Wither skeletons, blazes and pigmen are approaching. I fired arrow after arrow until all I have left are a precious few arrows.

"We gotta bolt now," I said, and without waiting for a reply, bolted for the other door. I doubt Naeus ever learned the reason people use an iron door since the lever is right next to it.

"Come on," I said, daring a glance behind me, "Hurry."

Rain dashed behind me before blocking the door with two blocks of obsidian.

"That was too close," I said, "Let's not do that again."

"Agreed," Rain said, nodding in assent, "Where to now?"

"Shh," I suddenly said, placing a finger to my lips, "I think I hear something." We crept closer to a door which was sealed shut, but Naeus doesn't seem to know the concept of soundproofing either.

"--got to be mad," a voice said, "She killed you last time, Herobrine."

"Exactly," a voice I remember all too well said, "The Ender Watchers--" I tensed, "are a threat that is needed to be removed. I will not be held down by a petty woman."

"That petty woman killed you, Herobrine!" The voice protested.

"Which is why I will overcome this and bring my undead forth the overworld. I will complete what I started," Herobrine said.

"You have my support, Lord Herobrine," a voice that I knew belong to Naeus said, "Do not be a coward, Blackbone. I have not revived you for you to hunker down in fear of our plans. It is risky, yes, but risks have brought us great rewards."

"It is settled then? The stronghold is found--" I struggled to contain a gasp, "and I have plenty of creepers and ammunition to spare. We can expand the tunnel and our troops can enter in bulk. The Ender Watchers think they are so safe in the End, their point of view will change by tomorrow morning."

"I think that's enough," I whispered. Rain nodded and the both of us fled the fortress, not even bothering to be stealthy.