The Bounty Target

I climbed the ladder leading up to floor 20. What is wrong with the designer of this place? 20 floors and only one ladder leading up on all of those? I was out of breath the moment I landed on floor 20, and I didn't bother to hide my irritation and panting from my employer, who was sitting on a nice chair behind a nice desk, which if my foul mood continues, wouldn't be nice anymore.

"So who's my target?" I asked, getting straight to the point. My employer wore a purple cloak and a strange clothing that covered his entire body save for his face, and a mask.

"I believe you have a past experience with my home," my employer said, his voice obviously obscured by his mask. And past experience with his home? That doesn't seem to ring a bell.

"Oh? Where's your home? Trust me, I traveled to a lot a places, I probably forgot about your home," I said. My employer let out a laugh.

"Ha. I believe you would remember mine. You will be fully forgiven by the king of my home if you but assassinate this man and bring us proof. If you refuse..." he let the threat hang. I have an uneasy feeling that's screaming at my stupid brain to connect the dots. My employer slipped a photograph on the desk. I walked closer to see the face of my target.

I nearly screamed.

I was hired to kill Rain.

Then my stupid brain finally connected the dots. My employer wants Rain dead. My employer wears a purple cloak. My employer said I have a past experience with his home.

My employer is King Naeus.

"I..." I trailed off, staring at the photograph.

"My forces run wide, I am definitely more powerful than that fool of a king Glutton. Maybe just a touch more than Herobrine. The only person who have ever beaten me in battle was the diseased Nether Princess," Naeus said. He knows where to hit my nerves, asking me to kill Rain and talking about Abigail.

"I have allied myself with the southern people," Naeus said, "They will bring back a very very powerful ally that had brought you so much trouble." I somehow found the nerves to speak.

"I-I can't accept this errand," I said, and jumped down the ladder, only occasionally grabbing it to avoid fall damage. I let out the loudest whistle I can manage and ran from the building, knowing that Naeus will pursue me.

"JET!!" I screamed, Jet complied and ran towards me I leaped on and galloped away. I dared a look behind and saw Naeus, disguise gone, staring at me.

I'm so stupid. Goldmine is in the south. Why else would he hide his target? Why else would he hide his identity? I am so dam stupid. Argh.

I wasn't tailed, which made me suspicious, but there's only one thing left for me to do, and that's run and warn Rain.

"Jet, to the hut," I said, panting, "Hurry, I need my armor." Jet whinnied and ran faster. I frantically destroyed the painting in my room, revealing my Ender Watcher armor. I put them on as fast as I can, grabbing any pre-made food I can find in short notice, and swung myself on Jet, and rode as fast as I can to the Frostbourne. It's a long way from there, but I'm not resting for the night, I'll only stop for short moments for Jet to have some grass and the wolves to have some meat.

I am not going to let my best friend die because of me delaying my journey.