SH: Grieving pt 2

Cole POV:

I walked out of the bathroom and into our bedroom and see Lili standing with a wooden tray in her hand with two bowls and a rose placed in a vase and it warms my heart that she thought of doing this. "Hey," I say and she turns around immediately and makes eye contact with me and throws on a light smile. I walk towards her and take the tray out of her hands and bend down to place it gently on the bed, making sure it doesn't fall. I stand up straight and tuck her silky golden locks behind her ear the were falling on her gorgeous face. Right after that, I pull her into a long, deep and passionate kiss and place my hands on her lower back gently as she put hers on my shoulders. We pull away from each other a couple of seconds later. "Do you wanna sit down and eat and... maybe talk?" She asks me while running her hands through my hair. "Yes," I reply back to her giving her a small smile.

We settle down one the bed with Lili on the side of the headboard of the bed and me on the opposite. Both of us sat cross-legged with the tray with soup bowls placed between us. Lili starts to eat her soup and I just stare at my bowl sitting on the tray as I zone out. Lili places her hand on my knee as I snap out of my thought. "Why aren't you eating my love?" she asks as she begins to trace invisible circles on my knee. "Nothing, I... just don't feel like eating,". 

Lili POV

My heart aches for him. Losing your mom isn't something you can get over, I wouldn't know the feeling, but looking at Cole, I can't see him like this. He's always just so chilled out and carefree and sarcastic in a hilarious way and has an amazing sense of humor. Sure he has anxiety but he still keeps the situation light all the time but now, he is just blank. "Baby, you haven't eaten anything since last evening..." I tell him. "I-I just don't want to eat," He says. I let out a large sigh and place my bowl of soup on the tray and move to the opposite side and sit next to him and he turns towards me. I interlock my fingers with his right hand and with my left and place my free hand on his left knee. "Cole, I know you're hurting right now. And that is okay. You're allowed to do that. But you need to know, that you can talk to me, whenever. Even if its 4 am in the morning. You can cry, scream, punch a pillow, hug me, anything. But I will not watch you hold it in. I need you to let it out, if you think I'm going to judge you, I am obviously not. I love you." I say the last sentence with my voice trailing off and glassy eyes. "It hurts me when you cry. I can't handle that." There are tears in his eyes too.  wiping my tears and placing my hand back on his knee. "I love you too." He whispers back as he pats his thigh indicating me to sit on his lap and I continue to do so. I sit sideways on his lap with my arms around his shoulder and his tightly around my waist. 

Cole POV

She's right. She always is. Holding it in isn't going to help. "When my mom left Dylan and me, I was heartbroken. My parents and I decided it was best for us to stay with my dad and he is the best father anyone could ever ask for. But at the end of the day, she is my mom. Chrissy (stepmom) is there and she is amazing but..." he sighs, "Mom is still mom" she completes my sentence with sadness and I nod. Tears again fill in my eyes at the thought of her and Lili gives me an extremely tight and comforting hug. She truly gives the best ones. 

About 15 mins later of just sitting in silence, I decided to pull the tray closer to us and before I could, Lili picks up the bowl and holds out a spoon with soup in it in front of my mouth, "C' mon, open up." I give her a smirk and follow her orders. I'm a lot more calmed down than before now. "I'm sorry you had to see me like that," I tell her. "NO! Stop right there! Never apologize for crying baby, you're hurt and you're allowed to express it and I will always be here for you," I scold him. "You're the best girlfriend ever," I tell her and she gives me a peck on the lips as we continue to eat our soup with Lili on my lap.

(825 words)

Leaves suggestions and ideas in the comments and tell me what you think!