SH: His hoodie

Flashback from 8 days ago (narrator POV):

"I'll be back soon, okay princess," Cole tells his and Lili's beautiful 2-year-old daughter Abbygail as she sits on his lap, hugging him tight on the living room couch in their LA house, 10 mins before Cole was leaving for the airport. Cole was leaving for New York for a photoshoot for 10 days. It was a pretty big project for him and Lili really forced Cole to go because Cole doesn't like to leave Lili and Abby behind. "I wuv you dadda," That sentence always made Cole's heart melt. "I love you too baby. It's 10 days only and once I'm back, how about you, mommy and I have the best pool day ever? Does that sound good?" He says, trying to cheer up his daughter, "Hmm, o-okay," "And please don't trouble mommy okay? Let her take rest and take care of her, just like she takes care of you, promise?" "I pwamise," With that, Abby lays a peck on her dad's cheek as Cole looks at Lili who is next to her, "You sure you'll be okay? I can cancel it, Lil," He asks her placing one of his hands on her thigh, "Of course we'll be okay, please don't worry about us," They share a quick kiss and spend another 10 mins with each other before Cole left for the airport.

Present time:

Lili POV:

"Abbygail Sprouse you will eat dinner right now!" I was losing it. Abby has just been so stubborn, especially since the last 3 days and won't listen to me a bit. I tell her to clean up her toys, come to Target with me, stop watching TV for a while but she won't agree to anything I say and it is very unlike her. "NO!" She screamed back at me. "Fine, don't eat dinner, you can stay hungry Abby. One time I ask you to listen to me and you just wouldn't, so now you can go upstairs and go to sleep!" Tears were immediately filling her eyes and guilt was filled in my heart. I instantly regretted what I said and before I could open my mouth to say anything, Abby ran upstairs to her room and I followed her. 

I enter her pastel pink and white themed room that Cole had completely done for her to see Abby laying down on her bed on her stomach and quite sobs escaping her mouth. Her head was turned away so I couldn't see her face. I walk over and sit down on the other side of her bed as she makes eye contact with me. Her tear-stained face and slightly quivering bottom lip really broke my heart. I just can't see my daughter cry. "Come here princess," I tell her, reaching out both my arms so I can set her on my lap. She doesn't move for a second but eventually, she does.  I move against her bed's headboard with Abby on my lap, facing towards me and wrapping her tiny legs around my waist as I support her from her back and rub it. She quickly comes in for a hug and I do the same and also place my chin on the top of her head. "Did mommy scare you, baby?" She simply nodded into my chest to the question. "I sawrry mommy," She tells me, lifting her head off of my chest. "I'm sorry baby, I should have used inside voice. Why are you so upset baby?" I question her because I want to know why was she so stubborn. "I miss dadda," That explains it.

I can tell she tried to say it louder but it came out as a whisper. She begins to cry again and she just takes my hands in hers. I push her golden locks out of her face and tuck them behind her tiny baby ears and wipe her tears. "I know baby, I miss dadda too," I say quietly, now looking down and fidgeting with her tiny fingers, as tear sting my eyes. She cups my face and asks me, "Call?" before picking up my phone from her bedside table and handing to me. I look at her wall clock to check the time and it was about to be 11:30 pm at night. I realized that it's 1:30 am in New York and Cole is probably sleeping. "Baby, Daddy must be sleeping right now, but I have an idea that will help you." She sighs and nods her head as I pick her up and place her on my hip while she rests her head on my shoulder and walk to my bedroom.

Cole POV:

I was just missing my girls way too much. It's just really hard for me to stay away from them. Lili and Abby are my happy place and there is nowhere else I would rather be. I was supposed to be home two days later, but I requested to leave 2 days earlier instead and I couldn't be more excited to see both of them. I love them way too much. I landed about an hour ago and now am on my way home, and the best part, I'm gonna be surprising Lili and Abbygail at home.