Hope and Rosabelle

~~~Katherine's Pov~~~
I held Rosabelle's hand as we walked up the stairs of the Mikaelson's house while they were staying here in Mystic Falls. I don't even understand why they're here. But today was the day that my daughter would meet Klaus daughter Hope. To say that I was on edge would definitely be an understatement, I was literally close to biting my nails and ripping my hair out. What if this was a trap, what if they try to hurt Rosa, what if his daughter is just like him. Maybe I shouldn't have adopted Rosabelle, I have too many enemies, and a lot of them are some of the most powerful people in the supernatural world. Even if I try to keep her safe, Rosa will always be in danger as long as she's with me. "Mommy what's wrong?" I felt a little tug on my hand and looked down at Rosa's innocent brown eyes that I love more than anything. "Nothing baby, mommy's just thinking about something."

With a deep unneeded breath, I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer. Luckily it was Elijah who answered the door. "Ah, Katherine, Rosabelle, please come in both of you." I pulled Rosa a little bit closer to me as I walked in and looked around the mansion. "Hope is in her room if you would like to meet Rosabelle." Elijah smiled at her as she looked around the place with wide eyes full of amazement. "Can you take me?" I watched as she made grabby hands at Elijah who just looked at her with kind eyes. He picked her up and took her up stairs while I followed them. I knew that out of every Mikaelson in this house, I could trust Elijah. I knew he would never hurt Rosabelle or try to use her in a plan against me.

I learned that I can only love and trust people who love and trust me. And right now that's Rosabelle, and she's always going to come first before anyone else in this world I live in, cause I love my daughter, and no one will ever take her away from me again. We walked down a hallway while Elijah and Rosabelle talked about random things, going from favorite color to favorite book. And honestly I've never seen Rosa like this with anyone but me. It's kinda....cute seeing Elijah like this. I've always known that if Elijah could be one, he'd be an amazing father, but actually seeing how he's acting with Rosa, makes me think if anyone in this messed up family should be a parent, it's him. It makes me smile. We reached a door and Elijah gently knocked on it. I heard small footsteps before a girl with red hair and freckles opened the door, I couldn't help but notice how her eyes were similar to Klaus eyes. She's Hope.

"Hi uncle Elijah." "Hope I've brought you a friend. This is Rosabelle Petrova, she'll spend most of the day with you." Hope awkwardly nodded while Elijah put Rosa down and turned down the hallway signaling for me to follow him. I cast one more worrying glance at my daughter before following Elijah back down stairs.

~~~Rosabelle's Pov~~~
I looked around the adorable girls room awkwardly while she went and sat at the foot of her bed. "Um, you can sit next to me if you want to." "Thanks. I'm Rosabelle." "Yeah I know. I'm Hope." Well she's a bit foreword. Sitting down next to her I noticed that she was actually drawing a landscape of a bayou. I have to admit, she has a talent, a beautiful one. I've never had an amazing talent, unless playing piano, being good at chess, and cooking counts. Nessie can dance, she told me our parents were considering signing her up for proper dance lessons when she stopped growing. I was happy for her, she could do something that people could enjoy everywhere, and all I could do was play piano. "Your pretty good at this. Drawing, I mean." Hope looked up from her picture and the corners of her lips twitched slightly as she almost smiled at me. "Thanks. I guess," she started tapping the pencil against her book while we looked away from each other and stared at the walls in her room.

"Can you do anything, like dancing, singing, poetry-" "I can play piano and chess, and I'm a pretty good cook." Hope looked surprised as she closed her book and put it under her pillow. I blushed a little and bit my lip slightly as I started playing with my hair. "Can you play for me." I looked up shocked by her request. No one has ever asked me to play piano before, not my old family, and not my mom. "You actually want to listen to me play?" "I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to." Despite her rude reply I smiled at her brightly as I walked over to her door, only to stop because I didn't know where the piano was. "I'll show you where it is." Hope walked over to me and opened her door walking out with me following her. After going down stairs and passing several doors Hope stopped at two huge double doors and opened them. In the middle of the grand room was a white and gold piano.

I sat down and put my hands on the keys but noticed Hope was still standing across the room. "You can sit next to me if you want to." I mimicked her earlier words and patted the spot next to me on the stool. She just shook her head and sat next to me while I sat up straight and put my other hand back on the keys. "Any requests?" "Something that describes you." I bit my lip as I thought of a song to play. At first I was going to play my mother's, Bella's lullaby, but then I thought "Why should I? Why should I even care, she never cared about me or the truth." Then I thought about playing Nessie's lullaby, but then it hit me. Yes Nessie loved me, and yes she cared about me, but why didn't she tell Bella or our dad the truth about what happened. I love my sister, but it just doesn't make sense. So I finally decided to do what Hope had suggested and played something that describes me.

"That was beautiful." "Thanks." "Can you teach me." I smiled and picked up Hope's left hand in my right one and gently placed it on the keys. As I helped Hope play one side of the notes I played the other ones. Mine were easier than her's but this isn't a really difficult piece.

~~~Katherine's Pov~~~
Me and Elijah watched from the doorway as Rosabelle started teaching Hope how to play piano. The both of us smiled as his niece and my daughter slowly became friends right before our eyes. Suddenly, bringing Rosa here wasn't such a bad idea after all. "It seems they both have taken a liking to each other." "Yeah. It seems so." I smiled at Elijah and laughed lightly as Hope pouted over hitting a wrong note and Rosa laughed saying it was nothing to worry about. Honestly the girls were sweet together. In the future, I hope that they're those types of best friends who depend on each other, because with me being on most people's kill list and the Mikaelson's not being too popular either, they'll need each other.