T W E N T Y - O N E

Shota's finger traced Sumire's draw until it reached her chin where he pinched her chin and brought her soft lips to his. He breathed in deeply, taking in the sensation of her scent and her touch that he had been longing for.

When she melted into him and didn't pull away, he kissed her again, deeper and more passionately. He pressed his muscular body to her soft curves and moved his hand from her chin to her hip.

His kiss was rough and hungry, the scruff on his face coarse against her skin, but it made the woman want more of him. She released a soft, squeak-like noise as he brought their bodies as close as they could possibly get.

Hearing her and feeling her meld with him, moving in rhythm with every motion he made and kiss he ravished her with, only made him want to pull her closer and smother her until he consumed her entirely.

Shota wanted her so badly. He knew he had wanted to kiss her for a while, but once he finally did, he realized just how much he had wanted to consume her entirely. He really liked her, and he didn't want to ever let her go, and the fact that she wasn't rejecting him but actually kissing him back with just as much passion as he was giving her made him weak in the knees, no matter how confident and strong he made himself seem.

As much as she tried to match his dominance, each kiss made her feel like she would faint.

They heard a sudden loud noise coming from the hall just outside the stairwell, pulling them back into the reality that they were in an over-crowded school of heroics during one of the busiest days of the school year and they weren't in their own little world and could be walked in on at any time.

With a gentle tug on her lower lip, Shota pulled away and gave her space. "I doubt an insecure man could make you tremble like that, Sumire." He smirked and ran his long fingers through his messy hair with a satisfied light in his typically gloomy eyes. Seeing the flaming blush on her cheeks was one of the most fulfilling experiences he had ever had.

But he didn't want to oppress her, so he turned away from her and left, shutting the door behind him to give her the room to process. As soon as he left, her knees gave way and she slid to the ground. Her heart pounded so heavily and loudly that she felt like it would burst from her chest. all she could think was, Damn, Shota.

She greedily bit her lower lip, filled with desire, lust, and genuine compassion. Even with her quirk being nearly gone, and a job that involved reestablishing U.A.'s credibility, all she really wanted was Shota, and his kiss, and him to overwhelm her so much that she felt like melting beneath him.

On the other side of the door to the stairs, the man completely lost the cool he was trying to maintain. His face was hot, and his stomach was bubbling with an intense feeling he couldn't describe. The feeling of her body moving with his, the curves of her hips and waist beneath his fingers, and her lips melding with his; he became obsessed with the feeling and sensation of her.

He battled with this desire and the confidence he received when she returned his kiss, and with the shyness that plagued him up until then. It would certainly change things, but would this change things for the better or worse? Did she want the same thing as he did? Did she feel the same way about him that he did her? What was the next move?

His mind led him into a downward spiral of anxiety and insecurity, despite what he had said to Sumire.

So, Shota resorted to his usual tactics of avoiding her until he felt the timing was right or ran into her and had no other choice but to deal with his feelings. That, and he just really wanted a nap.

----------

Hours passed and the sun set beneath the night sky. The school festival came to a close and the students returned to their dorms. Shota brought Eri back to the hospital like he was supposed to the night prior and left her with the nurses in charge of looking after her until her release.

Finally, he was able to return to his apartment and sleep; although he had hid in an empty office with his notorious yellow sleeping bag for an hour or so.

But as he trudged through the hallway, he spotted the silver-haired woman that haunted his heart and mind standing outside her door. She seemed to be staring off into nothingness. Completely absent-mindedly zoned out of reality, her normally bright gray eyes dull and emotionless. She didn't even seem to notice the man walking down the hall towards her.

"Sumire?" He called out monotonously.

The said girl raised her head at the sound of her name and slowly turned towards Shota, saying absolutely nothing. Her skin was pale, and her irises were dim. Something seemed very off about her.

He looked at her with furrowed brows and a toothy frown, very suspicious about her unusual demeanor. She seemed like him just waking up from a nap and realizing it was the middle of the school day and he had to get himself together to lecture; but it was very strange for her.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes." Her lips cracked into a peculiar, uncomfortable grin. Her voice also sounded odd. It was rough and scratchy, coming from her somewhere deeper than her throat.

However, he dismissed it. People had their bad days, and he probably did overwhelm her with his very passionate kiss. Perhaps he pushed her into a strange place of her mind, and she needed to process further. Thus, he grunted in acknowledgement and fiddled with his keys.

As she always did, Sumire vanished, and when she didn't reappear, he assumed she was inside her apartment and had drifted through the door. It was normal for her, but her dull and lifeless personality was not.

And that kept tormenting him as the minutes and hours ticked on. He couldn't sleep, despite how tired he felt. He kept thinking about the kiss, which definitely was the best one he ever had. But thinking about that led him to wondering about the reason for her character change. Was he responsible for whatever seemed to be distracting her? He probably was; there wasn't much of a question about it.

But the more he thought about it, the more he couldn't dismiss it.

So late into the night hours, he found his way to her door and quietly knocked on it, careful not to alert the rest of the building.

He received no answer. It was quiet inside and the air around him felt eerie. He still dismissed the sensation and began to turn away.

Shota then picked up on a small sound that he could barely make out. It was a low and gruff sound like a growl, and it was coming from Sumire's room. So, he approached her door again, knocked again, and said in a tone barely above a whisper, "Sumire?"

He heard a violent hiss, and he knew it was Echo. He realized this was not something he could abandon as he knocked again more loudly and raised his voice to call for her again.

All he heard was another growl and hiss, heavier and more intense than the last. "Sumire!" He said one last time, and when she didn't respond, he kicked her door down.

"Sumire!" He yelled, then froze when he saw the scene before him.

Echo was backed into a corner, her back arched and her black fur standing on end. Her ears were back, and she was spitting, hissing, and howling at her owner, her dark blue eyes reflecting her terror.

Sumire loomed over the small cat, a dark and ominous aura coming from every pore of her body. Her silver hair floated around her head and shoulders hauntingly as black and violet flame-like tendrils engulfed her hands and lapped at the horrified pet threateningly.

But when Shota barged through her dislodged door, her head slowly turned towards him, nearly spinning so far that he was afraid her neck would snap. Her eyes were like black wells with no hint of her humanity. However, her tiny pupils were glowing red, glaring straight through his skin and deep into his soul.

Herterrifying appearance and atmosphere were enough to suffocate him.