T W E N T Y - T W O

Shota felt smothered in the dangerous aura that emitted the terrifying woman with the appearance of the beautiful woman he was falling for. However, even though he had no idea what was actually going on, he could tell that who he he was staring at could not possibly be Sumire.

Once he was able to suck in a choked breath, he used his Erasure quirk. His narrow eyes glowed red and glared right back at the haunting red pupils that pierced his soul. His messy black hair rose above his head and the veins in his forehead tensed with concentration.

But nothing was happening. His quirk was ineffective against the monster he was facing.

She opened her mouth and released a strange and disgruntled yell, sounding like it was multiple voice emerging from her lips at every octave possible. Her target switched from the cat to him as she raised her arms and black flames consumed her hands, lashing out from her fingers ominously.

She began to slowly walk towards him, walking so ghost-like that she seemed to be floating just above the ground. The flames engulfed her hands and rose to cover her entire arms.

With one swift movement, she raised one arm and the dark tendrils whipped out at Shota in the blink of an eye.

He leapt back to avoid her and caught himself before he ran into the wall. This was not Sumire; this had to be someone or something else.

A few hours earlier

Shota left Sumire alone with her overwhelming emotions to figure out how she felt about him and him kissing her... very intensely. As soon as he left, she collapsed to the ground, becoming completely weak and nearly trembling.

Over the past few months she had been working at U.A., the odd and dreary man had grown more and more attractive in her eyes, though she didn't quite understand why she had started seeing him in a different light in the first place.

But after he kissed her, she completely melted. She felt like squealing like a high school girl who had just been kissed by her crush. Still, the adult she was desired and lusted for more.

She was distracted and didn't think she'd have a reason to be on her guard. However, as a heroine she should have known better.

Her head was pushed back against the wall, and her breath was forced from her with a gasp. The back of her skull throbbed as she choked on her own air, unable to take in any more.

It was a hauntingly familiar and terrifying sensation; her throat tightened like it was being strangled and an ominous atmosphere overwhelmed her. She succumbed to fear as she tried to scream out but wasn't able to gather her voice or a breath to summon a vowel.

She tried to use her quirk as she already couldn't breathe. But as soon as she vanished, the dangerously familiar beady red eyes glared into her soul. When she released her quirk, she felt like she was drowning, every ounce of air in her body being sucked from her lungs.

The darkness loomed over her, covering her pale skin like a freezing cold blanket paralyzing her. It's black, plasma-like hand clutching her throat tightly.

The sounds emanated from the demonic being; a high-pitched static ringing mixed with a low and throbbing fuzziness. "You're weak, Phantomess," it growled, its awful voice seeming like several voices ranging across each octave, spiraling through the woman's dizzy head.

It's hold on her neck tightened, and Sumire couldn't last any longer. The corners of her vision became black, closing in on her entire span of sight as her head felt dazed. No air was getting to her lungs and filling her chest.

Consciousness slipped from her, and so did any strength she had.

That night

Shota kept dodging this sinister Sumire's attacks, avoiding the mysterious flame-like tendrils that lashed out him much like his own capturing weapon. Which he didn't have on him. He wasn't expecting to walk in on the woman's demonic state.