Chapter 2 Issues ~Catra POV~

I'd walked alone back to my apartment complex in which I'd been living in for the past year. I was surprised at how my 'friend' Scorpia didn't want to walk home with me today, though I don't really know how I feel about that considering she practically walks home with me everyday and stays for a while until it's sometime around six thirty in the afternoon. Even though I don't consider her as a real friend, I don't mind making small talk and she enjoys talking with me even if I don't answer. Well, I guess it shouldn't matter that much since I walked home alone plenty of times before she came along. 

        I opened the door and closed it behind me once I got in and sighed as I looked towards my calendar. "Another day of school, another day until it's over." I said aloud to myself as I marked of the day in a red marker just as I'd done with all the other days on the calendar. I threw my backpack onto the couch and got into the kitchen to start cooking. Sure I've only lived here for a year, but there are still some things I'm getting use to; like cooking for myself. At first I'd just taken takeout food from fast food and food food restaurants until someone who lives in one of the apartments next to me came over and told me that they've always seen me take takeouts and that they wanted to help me cook for myself. 

        At first I tried denying any help but the person quickly let them selves in and went straight towards my kitchen. They looked around to see if they could find any cooking utensils and materials, but I had none at the time so they quickly went back into their apartment and came back with everything needed to make whatever they wanted to make. Once they had placed everything on the dining table, they started teaching me how to make sushi rolls and a small rice cup. At first I thought it wasn't going to help if that person was going to teach me how to bake, but later she grabbed my arm and told me that I should be helping too; then soon enough we made fifteen sushi rolls and two rice cups in one hour.

        The person who helped me took about five sushi rolls and one of the rice cups, then went by her apartment again and lend me their cookbook so that I can learn to do things myself. After that, I started cooking things on my own and had memorized how to make sushi rolls. 

        Anyway, back to reality... I started making myself some oyakodon (chicken and eggs on rice) and added some zing into it. I'd been making oyakodon recently and I've always added a special touch to it, of course I always made sure to add a bit on one piece of the meal to see how it tastes before ruining my meal -learned that the hard way. Once I finished baking and test tasting, I went to the living room to watch a bit of anime and eat my meal. After eating, I grabbed my homework from my backpack and started to work on it as I kept watching anime. 

        Soon enough, I heard a knock on my door and when I opened it- "Hello, Catra." One of my neighbors greeted, or to be more specific the neighbor who helped me learn how to cook.

        "Hey, Sonia." I replied.

        Sonia Nevermind, one of the most popular girls in Horde Academy who everyone likes referring to as 'ultimate princess' although I never refer to her as that considering I hate referring peoaple as 'ultimates'

        Sonia Nevermind, one of the most popular girls in Horde Academy who everyone likes referring to as 'ultimate princess' although I never refer to her as that considering I hate referring peoaple as 'ultimates'. Sonia likes checking up on me once in a while, although we've never actually talked before so I wouldn't call her a friend since she's more of an acquaintance to me. "I was just coming to see how you're doing." Sonia tells me and I nod.

        "I'm doing fine, thanks." I say trying to fake a smile. Sonia quickly gives me a small glare as I continue on with the fake smile thinking that she might've caught me.

        "Is that oyakodon I smell?" Sonia asks with a sparkle in her eyes as she leans herself into a crack in the doorway from where I was standing and took a deep sniff into the apartment and sighed with a gasp in the process. "It is!" Sonia called as she almost let herself in until she looked to me and cleared her throught. "May I come in?" Sonia asks and I chuckle then let her in. It's an event that happens whenever I make her apparent favorite foods when she comes to check in, we end up having diner together and make small talk; it helps me know that there's someone always checking in and helping me whenever I need it even if we don't hang out so much. 

        As Sonia enters my apartment, she stops her tracks and stares at how my apartment is. "Something wrong?" I ask and Sonia shakes her head.

        "Oh nothing, just looking around." Sonia replies and I can tell that something was going on, however I decided to let it slide and prepare the oyakodon. Surprisingly I'd made enough for two or three people so I was able to give some to Sonia. "Thank you, Catra." Sonia thanked as we both sat down in the living room and watched some anime. As far as I'm concerned, I don't really think Sonia likes anime but she doesn't mind what we end up watching as long as we're enjoying ourselves. Sonia gulps down a piece of her oyakodon and then looks to me. "Did you hear about the exchange program?" Sonia asks and I gulp down my oyakodon.

        "No I did not, actually." I respond with a lie. Of course I'd heard of it and I didn't want to be a part of it because I might end up being in the school that she began going to. By she I don't mean Sonia, but an old friend of mine that I really liked being around. 

        Sonia takes another bite of her oyakodon and covers her mouth while she chews. "Well, the other schools in the district are going to do an exchange program for two weeks and I wanted to know if you were going to participate." Sonia informs me and I shake my head on it.

        "Oh hell no, if I participated I'd basically be taking a huge risk." I reply and Sonia remembers my reason. A while back when I first moved here, my old friend Adora had come over my apartment and told me that I could've told her all the things I'd been through back in the foster home we grew up in together and that she could've helped sooner. I'd told her that I was ok on my own and that I didn't need her help, although we continued arguing until yelling became screaming at each other. At some point Adora got me over the edge and I grabbed my binder then hit her left arm so hard I broke it, and her wailing of all that pain in her arm was loud enough to almost echo through the apartment.

        Soon afterwards, Adora's roommate that she moved in with a few months before I moved in my apartment (which happens to also be next door to them) walked in through the open door and began wailing that she had been worried about what had happened considering she heard arguing, yelling then screaming afterwards; though she'd trailed off once she saw Adora wincing through pain while holding her broken arm. Adora's roomate soon let herself into my apartment, forgetting about anything else that had happened and as she checked Adora's arm she quickly called 9-1-1. The police and ambulance came after Adora's roomate scolded at me while I looked down to the ground with wide eyes, my body trembling, my breath sighing shakily, and cursing to myself in my head. 

        As the ambulance had helped Adora get out towards the ambulance car, the police began questioning me and Adora's roomate about what the situation that had occured. They'd questioned Adora's roomate first since she had been the one to call and she had only told them what she heard and what she saw... She even mentioned me holding my binder in position of hitting someone. After that statement, they'd questioned me about what had happened and I'd told them half the truth because I'm a selfish asshole, although soon after getting Adora's account on things I'd figured out she told them the whole truth. Before I was taken into custody for more questions, someone ended up defending me. They'd told the police that they'd been helping me get use to things like this since I've been having a lot of troubles with the move. 

        The police bought that (the only thing I can only refer to as) ultimate lie, I was released from custody and was escorted back to my apartment just as the person who defended me was escorted as well. I tried getting a glimpse of the person who defended me, but all I saw were their pink crepe colored school type shoes as they walked off. I never found out who it was...

        Sonia is the only person who I've ever told about this considering she has helped me get relaxed whenever I'm on my own... Though even to this day, I always try to find out who was the one who had defended me during that event.

        I hope you liked this part, I had fun coming up with a small conversation between Sonia and Catra and there will be more coming! (P.S. pls write in the comment section what anime Catra would like to watch) 

        NEXT PART COMING SOON!  😊