Chapter 3 Small Talk ~Sonia POV~

As I continued eating my oyakodon with Catra while watching anime, the thought of something Catra had told me a long time ago when I'd come into her apartment the second first time (since the first time I'd come had just been to help Catra learn to cook) and I was in complete shock of what she had told me. I wasn't entirely sure at first about if she had been trying to scare me into leaving her alone but then I had thought about how clean and unclean her house had been the second first time I came over; cleanness in the living room floor, cleanness in the dining room and kitchen, and I had thought that she was a person to tidy up... However when I'd first gone to her room since she'd asked me to go and get something, I saw nothing but a mess of takeout boxes from different restaurants and... Cans of soda and root beer...

        Ever since then, I'd sworn to myself that whenever I could I would check up on Catra to know if she's doing ok on her own. I never tell her my reason for why and she never seems to wonder which is a good thing, although sometimes when I check on her she makes some of my favorite foods and so she lets me stay a while to have dinner with her. Another thing I'm glad she hasn't found out about yet, is that whenever I tell her I need to go to the bathroom (and I do most times) I pass by her room to check if there are still takeouts and root beer/soda cans. So I cannot say that I'm proud of my actions since I have to chosen this secret even though I need to tell someone, but I do feel like I'm doing the right thing by trying my best to become close friends with Catra even though we don't talk much at school.

        As my mind goes back to reality, I decide to go back on the topic of the school district exchange program happening soon. "Well anyway, I doubt that even if you participate they would have sent you to her school." I finally spoke after gulping down a piece of my oyakodon.

        "Why'd you even ask? Are you participating?" Catra asked my and I shake my head.

        "No, I'd thought about it for a while but I decided that most of my classmates are here and that I was use to this school anyway." I responded and Catra sighed as she shoved a huge piece of oyakodon into her mouth. "What schools do you think will come to ours?" I asked randomly looking to Catra skeptically.

        Catra shrugged as she gulped her oyakodon and sighed. "I don't know, but there'll definitely be some coming from Bright Moon High." Catra responded to my question and I simply gave a small giggle while taking another bite of the oyakodon. I know Catra has her reasons for assuming that someone would come from Bright Moon High considering it's the school that the girl Catra use to be friends with goes to, however I doubt that she would be coming.

        Afterward once we had both finished eating, I had thanked her for the meal and had gone back to my apartment. While I had the time after I finished my oyakodon, I'd gone to the bathroom and took a peek into Catra's room in which I'd seen three root beer cans; which don't get me wrong, I didn't like the sight of there still being root beer cans in her room but it had been  a progress into what I'd seen before so I was glad that she hadn't been drinking that kind of stuff anymore. As I walked into my apartment and closed the door behind me, I leaned onto it and took a sigh of relief knowing that Catra had been doing better.

        I headed towards my room and began working on what had been left of my homework. Truth be told, the real reason I'd decided not to participate in the exchange program had been because I was falling a little behind on science and I had tried my best to catch up on the work that I needed to improve on. In my own opinion, science is one of the classes that I've always found the most difficult considering it has to deal with focus, numbers, perfection, and mixing up with math that escapes my mind unless I write notes (which I do) every time the teacher tells the class something important. Next week during the exchange program going on, our class is going to be given a project and so I want to study everything I've learned so far just in case it has something to do with some things we've learned.