Chapter 11 After School Treats ~Ruruka POV~

I walked home to school alone with knowing consent of my darling that I had been heading alone to handle some errands –or rather, unfinished business that I had needed to attend to. I'd talked to Glimmer a little while ago and had asked if she had been free for this afternoon so that we could make some sweets together, for example some wagashi or mochi; truth be told, the only reason I wanted to make sweets with Glimmer had been because I wanted to see how that girl who traumatized Glimmer's poor little friend, Adora. There might have been a little secret that Glimmer had told me a while back about why Adora grabs her right arm on instinct whenever she feels threatened, although she had never told me that she and Adora are neighbors with the girl who's supposedly to blame for Adora's trauma.

        It just happened by chance that I might have passed by Glimmer's apartment and a brunette girl with mix matched colored eyes had looked towards me with a confused expression about someone passing by Glimmer's apartment... Or so I thought it had thought, until I heard her muttering, "Since when does Adora have company show up like this?" And with that I figured out Adora and Glimmer's little secret about where they live. With that as a reason as to why I want to pass by Glimmer's place, I wouldn't say it's so bad of a reason –after all, everyone finds out secrets in the end. Well, I shouldn't be saying things like that considering I'm heading towards Glimmer's apartment later so that we can bond a bit while making sweets together. Who knows? Maybe while we're making sweets together we can share a bit about ourselves and perhaps get a knock at the door from a certain neighbor who so happened to know that Adora rarely has any other visitors.

        Alright, that last bit might not happen although there's no one to say that I can't hope for it to happen. Back to reality, as I finished grabbing all the ingredients I need to make sweets with Glimmer, a smile came to my face as I clasped both my hands together close to my cheek. "Perfect." I said to myself as I put all the supplies in a bag and began heading out towards Glimmer's place while humming to no particular tune and a smile on my face. The weather outside in the afternoon felt nice, and the scenery of the neighborhood was as lively as usual... Well, except for one place in particular. I took a glance at the simple, one story house and then immediately looked away knowing it wasn't worth fighting over it anyway.

        It might seem as though it makes no sense as to why I refuse to even think about who lives in that house, although some secrets are meant to be kept private unless everyone knows already –which they do.

        A bit of time passed, and soon I arrived at Glimmer's apartment with hope that my plan would work. I knocked at the door and heard Glimmer's voice say, "Coming!" Soon the door opened and Glimmer looked at me with a grumpy expression. "Ruruka." Glimmer groaned as I showed her the bag of ingredients.

        "Hi." I greeted with a bright smile on my face.

        "I told you that we could make sweets another day." Glimmer explained and I put my index finger up.

        "No, you specifically said that if I truly wanted to make sweets with you, I'd come by your place." I recalled and Glimmer let out a groan of annoyance, although I passed by her and let myself in her partially clean apartment. "Now, I brought all the ingredients to make either French macaroons or –Adora's favorite- mochi!" I explained as I went towards the kitchen, placed the bag on the island counter, and pulled out all the ingredients from the bag.

        Personally, I was thinking of making some French macaroons since for me they are quite easy to make. The ingredients consist of one and three fourth cups powdered sugar, one cup almond flour, finely ground of course, one teaspoon of divided salt, three egg whites at room temperature one fourth of a cup of granulated sugar- "Ruruka!" My thoughts were interrupted as the hand taking the ingredients out of the bag was grabbed by Glimmers firm and soft hands. "I appreciate the offer, but I really don't think that it's the best time to-"