Chapter 6 Exchange Week ~Hajime POV~

The weekend had gone by quickly and I had been kind of nervous for this and next week knowing that there might be an exchange student coming for two weeks. Chiaki kept telling me that I was overreacting whenever I asked what if questions like 'What if they're aggressive?' 'What if they didn't like the school?' 'What if something happens because of them?' But Chiaki kept assuring me that it was going to be alright, although I knew that somewhere deep down in her mind she had been thinking the same as me. 

        So as I headed out the door of my house, I decided to head out to Chiaki's apartment which wasn't so far from both my house and the school. While walking, I passed by my school, Horde Academy, and saw a few people heading into the school, although I was surprised at the people who don't have sports or anything going on going into the school considering it had only been six forty in the morning however I decided to let it slide knowing that there had been people who were excited about the exchange students coming today. For me, I felt two ways about the exchange students; one, very nervous, and two I didn't really care about it much. 

        I'm pretty confused about my own feelings knowing that I'm nervous and that I don't care about how the exchange students react to the school in general. Sure I was nervous about how the exchange students acted around the school and weather or not they would have a good experience, but somewhere deep down inside me I felt as if I shouldn't have to care that much about it.

        Back to reality, as I arrive at Chiaki's apartment I get a text on my phone from a friend of mi e and it says,

        'The new beacons of hope for our hopelessly hopeful school will be arriving soon. Aren't you nervous?'

        Nagito Komaeda, a recent new friend of mine who had introduced himself during one of the classes me and Chiaki have together

        Nagito Komaeda, a recent new friend of mine who had introduced himself during one of the classes me and Chiaki have together. Nagito is a strange friend who references anything good as a beacon of hope and whenever something bad happens to him he calls it a stroke of luck because, well... Whenever something bad happens at first, something really lucky happens to him afterwards and that's what I find unique about him. People at school sometimes like referring to him as some sort of 'ultimate lucky student' and I can't help but agree sometimes aside from the facts that he has a weird obsession over hope. Recently though, he had been crazy about the exchange students coming to our school saying that they would shine a so-called lighter beacon of hope at our school. 

        I'd continued heading towards Chiaki's apartment door while responding to Nagito's text. 'Of course I'm not, they're just exchange students coming to our school for the next two weeks.' I send the text to Nagito as I see bubbles from his side of the text box popping up indicating me that he was going to say something memorable.

        'I know where you are. (;' Nagito sent and I jumped up as I reached the door of Chiaki's apartment. I knew Nagito sent strange things, however this was just starting to get really stalker-ish; I'd checked our conversation to see if I'd sent him my location, but I hadn't.