chapter 5~ settling in

taylee

i got out of the car admiring the beautiful sight of the house.

"you live alone ?" i asked

"nah, me and my sister live here" he answered

he unlocked the door and before i could step inside i heard a dog barking. when the dog came into sight i was scared as hell.

"this is roxy" he said. i guess he noticed me being scared because he said

"let her sniff your hand ma , she won't bite"

i held my hand out and she sniffed it afterwards she licked my hand and i felt comfortable with her.

"come on i'll show you your room"

he walked me upstairs and down the hall to my room. it was literally bigger than my whole living room.

"you don't have to do this amir" i said

"nah it ain't shit, i don't want you staying home alone after that." he said

that made complete sense to me so i just accepted it.

"what about my stuff?" i said

"i'll go pick up everything you need from your house okay ?"

"okay thanks, i need to shower soo could you..."

realizing what i was saying he left the room and told me he'd have my clothes ready by the time i got out the shower.

my room had an adjoined bathroom so i walked in and turned the shower on and got right in.

amir

i was going downstairs to get my keys when my sister came out her room. usually i wouldn't say anything to her but she had a hickey on her neck. mind you my sister is 15 years old , she ain't got no damn business with a hickey.

i grabbed her and slammed her against the wall.

"why tf u got a hickey on yo damn neck?!" i said

"nigga this ain't no damn hickey! i burned my neck straightening my hair dumbass" she said

"cami quit fucking playing with me bro, i know a hickey when i see one." i said

her lip started to tremble and i let her go. i did not want my sister to end up like my mom did and that was pregnant at 15.

our mom name was amila montgomery. she was well known around town for being a hoe ian even gon cap. but besides that she was good person well not to her kids though.

my mother had me at 15 and everyday until i turned 5 she beat me. she had different guys that i didn't know around me all the time and once she even tried to sell me for money.

like a month later my aunt took me in and raised me by her self. i was living real good with my aunt , she never laid a hand on me unless i was doing sum ian have no business doing.