• 05 •

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER FIVE
• ғᴀᴛʜᴇʀ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER FIVE• ғᴀᴛʜᴇʀ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

You walked a short distance behind Aphrodite. You tried thinking of something else, anything, but you couldn't. Your mind just stuck to the fact that you were walking to meet the man everyone said was your father.

This is a dream. I'll wake up any minute now.

You kept telling yourself, but the logical side of you knew it wasn't. That's the side of you you wanted to ignore.

Aphrodite comes to a halt and turns to you, "He's just past those door."

"Thank you." You speak quietly.

She walks to you and her palms cup your shoulders, "I know this is nerve wrecking, but just listen to what he has to say."

You nod and she smiles warmly. Aphrodite walks off and leaves you in front of the two sea blue doors.

You reluctantly raise your fisted hand to knock on the door, but it opens by itself. You swallow the lump on your throat and walk forward.

You push the cracked open door and slip into the room, the sunlight allowing you to see everything. There was a desk at the very end of the room, the wall behind it was just a huge window looking out onto the water surrounding the castle.

Between the glass wall and the desk was a chair with a man on it turned to the view of the window. A man who you assumed was your father.

He didn't say anything and you didn't either. What could you even say? "Hey dad! I'm Y/N, the daughter you left behind!"

"You look just like your mother." He finally breaks the silence.

You let out a short scoff and answer in a small voice, "You haven't even seen me."

"I know you think I abandoned you, but I didn't. I've been looking out for you and making sure you were safe all these years, protecting you from the evil of this world and the one you live in."

"Why did you bring me here?" You change the topic and finally ask what you've been dying to know.

"Can I not just want to meet my daughter?"

Your vision becomes blurry making you aware of the tears in you eyes. You wipe them away and fight back any more that want to try to come out.

"No, actually, you can't. Not after all these years," You take in a deep breath, afraid to know why you're really here. "So what do you need?"

"You're right," You see him nod his head. "I do need something."

Of course. That's the only fucking reason I'm here. Fuck all that 'meet my daughter' shit.