• 07 •

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER SEVEN
• ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢs •

═══════════════╗CHAPTER SEVEN• ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢs •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

For the past six days, Jungkook has done nothing but try to avoid you. When you would talk to him, he'd keep a boring, simple conversation before saying how he had to leave to do something or make up a random excuse.

You felt foolish even thinking about it, especially because of how freaking short the time you've known him is, but you thought there was something there between you two.

Apparently that was only in your head and wasn't real. Jungkook flirting with Nina told you everything you needed to know about your relationship with him—that you were just friends.

Oh, how gorgeous she is. The beautiful white wings she has, the short and curly blonde hair that seems to always look perfect, and her personality—ugh, her personality. She was just the sweetest.

It wasn't even the fake type of sweet, not at all. It was the genuinely kind type of sweet. No wonder Jungkook liked her.

What you didn't understand was how Jungkook got so confident to talk to girls. Around you he was always so shy and awkward, but suddenly got this confidence to talk to Nina.

Don't get it wrong, you were happy for him, but it didn't make sense. When he was with you, you could sense how tense he was. Now, every time you passed by the pair he would be complimenting her, playing around with her, or other flirty things.

"Focus, Y/N," Poseidon calls you out.

"Sorry." You apologize in a small voice.

"Look, training isn't easy. These boys make it seem like it is, but it's not. You're new to this, so I need all your attention, alright?" You nod. "Okay. Jungkook and Y/N, you're up."

Great.

You and Jungkook walk to the center of the made-up ring.

"Be easy on her." Poseidon requests.

"I can take it."

No, I can't.

"You sure?" Jungkook asks.

"I have as much strength as you do, so don't be easy just because I'm a girl."

Before you can react, Jungkook backhands you across the face so hard that you spin in the air and lands on the floor of the ring. You grunt in pain and Poseidon runs towards you.