• 16 •

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
ᴏᴜᴛ ғ ʜᴇʀᴇ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER SIXTEEN• ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴇʀᴇ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

"Medusa's gone," Zeus informs as he talks to the others. "Now we just need to get rid of Lana."

"Do we have to?" Poseidon questions. "Like you said—Medusa is gone. She was the power source. She was the one that could actually kill Jungkook. Lana is human and too weak to even take on a God."

"I'm not letting that woman live," Ares scoffs. "If it was the other way around I'm pretty positive you would kill Jungkook's mother."

Poseidon stays quiet knowing damn well he would.

"You know the rules, Poseidon," Athena speaks. "We eliminate any and all threats."

"Doesn't matter if they finished their job or not," Hades continues. "What matters is that they planned it."

• • • •

"Y/N," Lana calls, but you continue walking. "Y/N!" She grabs your arm and spins you around. "What's going on? You've been ignoring and avoiding me."

"Nothing."

"Darling, I know when something's bothering you."

"Just leave me alone, mom."

"Can we please just talk?"

You scoff out a chuckle, "Talk? You want to talk?"

You grab her wrist and speed out of the castle into the woods.

"Why are we–"

"You want to talk, no? So then talk."

"I-I don't know what you want me to say."

"I want you to say the truth. I want you to admit to me why you did what you did."

"What did I–"

"Stop acting so oblivious, mom!" You shout at her.

Lana looks away from you for a moment before looking at you again.

"I did it for you, Y/N."

"No! You did it for yourself! Because you're selfish! Because you don't want me to be happy!"

"I don't want you to be hurt."

"You're the one hurting me, mom!"

Lana swallows the lump in her throat and tears form in her eyes.

"I get you hate him, but wanting to kill him took it too far."

"You really love him, huh?"

You sigh, "Yes, mom, I do."

"I'm such an idiot. I'm so stupid," She cries. "How could you ever forgive me, Y/N?"

Lana walks forward and pulls you into a hug. You're taken aback from her actions, but you slowly hug her back.

When Lana pulls away she gives you a small smile before her hand raises. She opens her palm and blows the black powder onto your face.

• • • •

"I don't want Lana to die." Jungkook mentions.

"Son," Ares holds Jungkook's nape. "She tried to kill you."

"I know that," He rolls his eyes and walks away from his father. "But I couldn't do that to Y/N. She'd be so heartbroken."

"Lana is a threat to all of us. What do we always say, Jungkook? Family first."

"Y/N is part of my family now," Jungkook answers. "She's the love of my life."

"Y/N won't hate you if we kill her mother. Poseidon talked to her and she understands. She's doing just fine."

"That's what you think. That's what all of you think, but she's not! She's not fine. She's hurting!"

Ares sighs, "We can't do anything about it now, Jungkook. Your grandfather has decided and you know he never changes his mind."

The door to Jungkook's bedroom swings open revealing Taehyung.

"You two need to come with me right now."

"What?! What do you mean she took her?!" Poseidon booms, rage coursing through his veins.

"I can communicate with land animals. A deer saw what happened," Yoongi answers. "He also saw them going towards Euryale's cave."

"She's trying to leave with her," Poseidon realizes. "Euryale is the only other person who can create that portal."

"We need to find her," Jungkook says.

"It has to be you seven," Poseidon turns to the boys. "The prophecy said only you seven and Y/N can destroy the entity."

The boys look at each other, nodding.

"Then let's go."

• • • •

Your eyes slowly open, adjusting to the lack of light. You notice how your wrists are chained to the brick wall behind you and you try breaking them off.

"Don't even try, sweetie," An unknown voice speaks. "They're specifically made so you God children with abnormal strength can't break them."

"Who are you?"

"She's Euryale, honey," Your mother comes into light. "She's the one that'll get us out of here."

•┈┈┈┈┈••✦✼✦••┈┈┈┈┈•