• 11 •

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER ELEVEN
ᴘʀᴏᴘʜᴇᴄʏ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER ELEVEN• ᴘʀᴏᴘʜᴇᴄʏ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

"Knock knock," You say as you walk into Poseidon's office.

He's standing in front of the huge window wall, his back facing you, with a bookstand before him.

Poseidon glances over at you then turns back to his book, "You know, most people actually knock then wait outside until they hear a 'come in'."

"In case you haven't noticed, we're not most people," You stand beside him and look down at the huge book. "What is this?"

"This is the book of danger."

"Book of danger?" You repeat, an eyebrow raised. "You think maybe you shouldn't have it?"

"The book itself isn't dangerous. It's the writings in it."

"I don't get it. Is what's written in there able to curse someone or something like that?"

"No," Poseidon turns the page. "This book holds all the history of the evil things that have affected Mount Olympus. I'm reading over it to see if somehow anything has the ability to come back once defeated."

"Well, what did the prophecy stated exactly?"

"I can't remember exactly. All I remember was a darkness that only the off springs of the said Gods could end."

"Who even told you this prophecy?"

"The prophetess Cassandra."

"I've read about her," You mention. "Aren't her prophecies not to be believed?"

"They weren't until her prophecies ended up always being correct. Apollo had a liking in her and promised her this gift if she would comply with his desires. After getting the gift, she refused Apollo. He couldn't revoke a divine power, so he cursed her so all her prophecies should never be believed."

"That's... terrible."

"There's a lot of terrible things that happen here, Y/N—one of the main reasons why I never wanted you to grow up here. Even now I'm glad that after all of this you want to forget everything and go back to your world."

"Yeah," You chuckle nervously.

"Now, I'm sorry, but," Poseidon points at the book. "If you'll excuse me."

"Oh, yeah. Of course." You walk over to the door and as soon as you're about to open it, Poseidon speaks.

"And be careful, Y/N. We don't know if that darkness is upon us."

You don't say anything and open the door, walking out. You shut the door behind you and turn around, your mom standing in front of you.

"Oh! Mom, you scared me!"